CrazyCat crash on 32-bit version

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

CrazyCat crash on 32-bit version

Postby pcfoul » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi,

I just tried this new 32-bit version SmartDvb 0.5.1 win32 portable release with a TBS 5520SE USB that I bought to see Multistream channels on 5 ° W.
With Version 0.4.0.24 + Crazycat that seems to work quickly, but MIS strings appear randomly for each click,

This new version seems to have corrected the problem, it displays these strings correctly. I was very happy, but after a few tries the program does not seem to work properly at least with CrazyCat does not respond and seems to block and stay open in the task manager until restart the PC,

I have been clear because I do not know English well and Google is my only friend.

Thank you.
pcfoul

Re: CrazyCat crash on 32-bit version

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Good day,

Do you have more specifics about the problem (streamreader.log or smartdvb.log, bda.log). From the description i'm not sure if it's a smartdvb.exe or streamreader.dll problem 5520SE USB has been tested and is working for others so the device itself should work with streamreader. Do you have issues when tuning MIS specifically or when starting the device with streamreader.dll?

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer, here I will try to be clearer,
I have doubts about my TBS 5520se, sometimes it starts and most of the time does not start when windows start. I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cable for it to work, And that I'm not the only one to notice there are many people on the net who says it, I do not know if a hardware defect or not, I have a doubt.

1- I am currently using SmartDvb version 0.4.24 with srteamreader version 1.2.2.1260 modified on 11/01/2015, everything works well except the multistream channels which, when I click on a channel I receive another etc. search channels I get duplicates. with the same frequency.

2- With this new version 0.5.138 the problem of multistream chains and returned to order everything is OK

3- I put here a packet of LOG in chronological order so that you can locate where the problem is, because I am unable to decode what is inside.

I have been a little clear. and thank you very much, ah other thing, I try to modify the icons of the chains in the DLL of the french language that I try to modify, but nothing happens, frankly and to forgive me I do not like your icons, they all look like each other. If there is anything to change and if you allow me, I will still be very happy.

Thanks again.
Attachments
LOG Problems SmartDvb 0.5.1.38 with TBS 5520SE USB.rar
(132.87 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Good day,

Were you also able to send a crash report when the crash occurs?
The treeview resources are initially loaded from the images/resources/treeviewchannellist.bmp. You can edit this file to change the icons, or remove this file and the default .dll/exe resources should be used.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Hello, it's very kind for your very fast lungs and for info icons.

About crash report, there has never been a crash with this version which, I find very stable and solid, the problem lies in the lack of signal that blocks the video display. But if there is an error file besides the LOG files, what is its name, I send it to you.

Good day and thank you.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:34 pm

doe these artifacts only happen on 5w MIS channels? What specific frequency/channels, and if you try to tune these channels with bda.dev/mis it works the same?
best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:37 am

Hello,

To my knowledge the MIS does not work with bda.dev unless error on my part, besides it is my wish if it works with.

I made 2 videos to let you know the problems that I met with this beautiful card, yes it is beautiful and I love it anyway, I hope you watch them carefully to draw some conclusions, these videos are speechless because I do not know English.

- The 1st concerns the version 0.4.0.24
- The second one concerns the 2 versions 0.4.0.24 + 0.5.0.138

Thank you for your attention and good luck, finally thank you for everything you do for us.

Here is the link of the archive: https://www.4shared.com/rar/Bn216wJLgm/ ... 520SE.html
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:14 pm

To my knowledge the MIS does not work with bda.dev unless error on my part, besides it is my wish if it works with.

the current build (38) might work (somewhat) with bda.dev/MIS (TBS only), you should make sure bda.dev MIS is enabled (bda.dev/device settings). You might also make sure the general settings 'reload on failed MIS tune' is enabled, bda.dev/MIS tuning sometimes needs some retunes and thus is slower/less reliable atm compared to CrazyCat.

The video issue is noted, thanks.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Hello,

I already tried with the BDA device, tick tbs etc ... but it does not work.

What I do not understand why the crazycat does not work well with this version and those of the serie 5, is it a problem of compatibility with the TBS drivers, knowing that I tried with terratec cinergy HD PCI is still the same problem, except that it does not support MIS.

Is there a way to do something or change, replace I do not know.
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:21 am

Hello,

I made another little video to help you understand a little more,

Voila, I found that when I switch to CrazyCat, there is something that blocks the signal with slow response from the program.

The blinscan works wonders in both cases (BDA or Crazycat)

The program with crazycat works randomly.

Thank you.

Link of the video named: Problem Blindscan : https://www.4shared.com/video/cxL_agCwf ... dscan.html
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Good day,

Could you try changing the setting 'settings -> scanner -> do not use blindscan to tune with blindscan.dev' and see if tuning works better with blindscan.dev.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

Hello,

Always the same thing, nothing has changed.
My current platform is windows 7 64 bits ultimate, Tonight I will install windows 10 64 bits, then I will see what happens and you will know.

Thank you
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 pm

I do not know if I'm the only one with this problem or there are others.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:45 pm

I do not know if I'm the only one with this problem or there are others.

i don't know if many people yet use those devices (still quite new) and drivers perhaps still need to mature somewhat. On my w7 x64 system i have to disable driver signature (at w7 boot time) to get the driver recognized and working at all also bda.dev, but testing with at tbs 5580 here, which should be about the same so your device should also tune. The mentioned scanner/do not use blindscan to tune with blindscan.dev has to be enabled for best results. You can also check the blindscanner/options, and see if using blscan2 is selected there? You can try enabling it to see if it works better (by default normal blindscan is used which might work less reliable with 5520se/5580). I would recommend a reboot (also device reboot), as i also have seen these inconsistencies which you mention, so suspect the drivers somewhere but unsure.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello,

As I told you, I installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit, the problem remained as it is, so I came back on my favorite Windows 7 64bits.

I did all I could, with all the recommendations proposed by Smartdvb, but the problem persists, then:

If I deduce probably, the problem comes from a conflict hardware + software that means that the program does not behave well with some TBS cards not only crazycat but also Florian.

If there are other proposals to make, I am a buyer,

In the meantime, I remain on the version SmartDvb 0.4.24, on which I have a lot of fun and I like a lot, remains of course the conflict between MIS channels.

I really like this program, because it is open, and you leave a lot of choice, I love it too because I like to hack and stay ticked. on my screen.

Finally, thank you very much for your kindness and your interest in others.

That's not to say that I've been bouncing, on the contrary I can surprise you anytime.

Good day to all.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 am

Good day,

As i said i'm not entirely sure where your problem lies. Did you also try to use the 0.4.24 blindscan.dev with the 0.5.38 version (perhaps it crashes but if it tunes i might have a clue, just looked at the blindscan.dev compared to 0.4.24 versions and there are some changes regarding signal handling, but since this works on other tested 5520se devices i would not have thought that to be the issue, but one never knows)..

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:01 am

957/5000
Hello,

As I said in the first post, I have a doubt about my TBS 5520se, maybe it does not work well since it does not start the first boot of winodows when I close the PC and I cut off the power.

For information, the blinscan 0.4.24 makes all frequencies very quickly without capturing anything (no signal). The blindscan 2 does not work, the stop button does not answer, I have to go through the task manager.

- I already tried blindscan.dev from 0.4.24 on the 0.5.138, the crash program and does not open.

I tested the streamreader.dll versions 1.2.2.1260, 1.2.3.1382, 1.2.4.1406 all work + MIS conflict. The new version from 1.2.4.36, walk randomly. may be the signal is weak but I doubt it. So always the same problem something blocks the signal.

If there are other tips I'm interested.

Thank you very much.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:58 pm

https://mega.nz/#!6pR2xIZZ!1Q7RFyNDAy98 ... 2iz2OsCGuo

could you try this blindscan.dev? Make sure the setting 'settings > scanner > do not use blindscan to tune with blindscan.dev' is disabled. This should force a blindscan tune instead of the default tune for your device.

bets regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello,

I start to see the day, there is good and not so good.
The good = the program seems to work well + (disturbed signal).
the least good = This heat wave of 43 ° the day and 30 ° the night, I could not make the good tests, the signal is unstable, or this delay.

This blinscan file seems to work well in V 0.5.138, but with a slowness to hang the signal, subject to this heat which plays a role in the instability of the signal.

As soon as this heat wave passes I will keep you informed. .

Thank you very much and good day.

Here is a little video, believe me the signal it is day and night unless my TBS 5520 is going to give up the ghost. : See below, thank you
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Forgive me, I forgot to put the link of the video, I had to do it again for a little clarity of the subject, the revoila: https://www.4shared.com/video/xS_PUp7Wg ... 8__2_.html

Have a good day.
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

Return to normal temperature, and confirmation of the last Blinscan.
Voila, I confirm the slowness of the file to hang the signal, and slowness when switching between transponders + impossible to hang up the frequency 11509 H 29950 MIS France. Nothing has changed compared to the last video

Have a good day.
pcfoul

Re: CrazyCat crash on 32-bit version on TBS 5520SE

Postby pcfoul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 am

Hello,

I searched the internet on streamreader.dll in relation to the map tbs 5520se, I found that crazycat has incorporated it from version 1.2.4.36, actually, as I put the dll above indicated, it resolves the conflict between the MIS but in counterpart it creates another conflict, that of the program which becomes unstable, difficult to start it.
Here I hope this will help you solve the problem.

My best greetings.
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:25 am

Hello everyone

I come to detest the subject, maybe I'm stupid,

Here, I spent a lot of time playing with the last file Bindscan.dev of 30/06/2018, because it works partially. After a few tries I realized that its width of band is based on a length of about 39 Mhz about less compared to the frequencies This is not the exact figure, but to find out: I scan a sample frequency of 11739, it shows me the channels of another frequency which is that of 11700. That's why It takes a lot of time to find the channels and there are some that do not display. So I decided to divide this length on 2 which amounts to about 20 Mhz, and the subtract real frequencies one by one, then I redo the scan of all satellites that I need; the results and without appeal, everything goes perfectly well including PLS. I can not say that my TBS5520Se problem with multistream is solved but it does not remain that I am quiet for the moment. (fed up with running behind) MLS channels)

NB: the version I tried the other way I always use is 0.4.24.
I tried on version 0.5.138 it is not stable.

- the StreamreaderExEx-BDA I used starts from version 1.2.4.36 which the

tbs 5520se is taken into account until the last 1.2.4.69 here is the pack + Blindscan.dev + the drivers Download here : https://www.4shared.com/rar/dbEF9R9Hgm/ ... rsBli.html

- The drivers used start from version 1.0.0.5 to 1.0.0.7

Request: Is it possible to modify the file by decreasing its bandwidth to see what

that it gives, or settle it definitively.

Thank you.
pcfoul

Postby VictorLS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm

pcfoul wrote:tbs 5520se is taken into account until the last 1.2.4.69 here is the pack + Blindscan.dev + the drivers Download here : https://www.4shared.com/rar/dbEF9R9Hgm/ ... rsBli.html

I can't to download - 4shared.com needs some account - I don't want to register. Transfiles.ru don't need any to upload.
But in app SmartDVB Settings Scanner just check "Do not use blindscan...." or set offset about -35...-15MHz I asked to add SmartDVB long time ago. It works well in my case with both OMICOM S2 PCI and TBS 5520SE.
VictorLS

Postby pcfoul » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi mr.VictorLS

Thanks for the tip, I already tried it on version 0.5.138, it does not start every time maybe 1 out of 5 or 6, I ended up giving up. On the other hand this time the 0.4.24 it starts every time. Maybe a problem of my tbs5520se that does not work properly.

As for the download link it's a habit I upload on 4shared so that files stay as long as possible, say it's a storage space.

Here is the new link on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0uzc78u1p ... inscan.rar

If you have problems downloading, keep me informed.

Thank you.
pcfoul

Postby pcfoul » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:01 am

I just redo the trick of Mr. VictorLS version 0.5.138, I failed, on the other hand if I redo the manipulations mentioned above on version 0.5.138, it works great, the stupidity that I ' I did it by copying the string files of 0.4.24 on the 0.5.138.

If I deduce, in my case, I will say that the best way is to subtract a figure that varies between 15 and 25 MHz from each frequency and rescan. I think this temporary method works for all other versions of SmartDvb.

Forgive me if I have uttered nonsense or anything that may fester.

Thank you all.
pcfoul

Postby VictorLS » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm

pcfoul
Thanks for mediaflare and collection of stramreaders.
App SmartDVB 0.5.1.38 32&64bit is quiet stable in my case but I seldom use blindscan - mostly for T2-MI in Multistream channels from 4e9 (btw I try always to use latest streamreader.dll from CrazyCat) but sometimes I don't see signal so have to try lock several times. May be wait for 0.5.2.>23 (pre-)release.
Btw what reason to use blindscan.dev instead of superstable bda.dev in your case?
VictorLS

Postby pcfoul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 am

VictorLS : what reason to use blindscan.dev instead of superstable bda.dev in your case?

Thank you for interest in my problem.

I have 2 problems with Bda.Dev
The 1st, when the program starts on the normal channels everything goes well and sometimes no signal, if I change channel to the MLS, then I return to a normal channel the signal disappears, I remain stuck on the MLS, even if I close it and restart it, as a last resort I have to reconnect the USB port.

The 2nd, MLS channels do not display correctly, example: if I click on string (x) I fall on a string (y). By and large, MLS are displayed randomly, as was the case with Streamreader before version 1.2.4.36. This happens on the chains of the same transponder.

With blindscan, of course before Mr. Smartdvb put us the last blinscan Dev, it was the same.

NB: the MLS channels I watch are on the 5 ° W, frequencies: 11509 H, and 12648 V.

If you have any suggestions I am interested.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 pm

The 2nd, MLS channels do not display correctly, example: if I click on string (x) I fall on a string (y). By and large, MLS are displayed randomly, as was the case with Streamreader before version 1.2.4.36. This happens on the chains of the sam

these are 5520/5580 driver issues with some MIS frequencies, CrazyCat solved this for streamreader.dll so blindscan.dev works better, latest 5520 TBS drivers (bda.dev) do seem to work better for t2mi streams though (but still unstable as you mention also here with 5580)
best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:37 pm

SmartDvb : so blindscan.dev works better

In my case, it works well but not good frequencies, would you like to change the blinscan.dev reducing the bandwidth to know what it gives.

Thank you.
pcfoul

Postby VictorLS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:27 pm

pcfoul wrote:everything goes perfectly well including PLS.

Btw do you receive PLS from 5w too (as MLS or MIS) channels? It's a pity it seems I can't receive any PLS channel from 103e to 30w (5w is very weak for my dish) as I did an year ago.
About T2-MI in Multistream from 4e9 12188h30000 and 12341h30000 - I can say with OMICOM S2 PCI receives them more stable with both bda.dev and blindscan.dev than TBS 5520SE so drivers (or even hardware - by TBS's developers - issue is quiet possible).
VictorLS

Postby pcfoul » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:49 am

VictorLS : do you receive PLS from 5w too (as MLS or MIS)

I get the chains 5 ° W PLS with MIS.

Yes, as you say a year or more ago, the signal was strong, unfortunately it was weakened suddenly for
reasons that I do not know, on top of that the satellite and at the end of life, it will be replaced by a
new Eutelsat 5 West B satellite by the end of 2018, which will ensure continuity of service in Ku-band
with EUTELSAT 5 West A, on Europe and North Africa. A cover map will be available soon.), This is what
has been announced on the net.

In my case I use a parabola of 1 meter in diameter, I receive the transponder 11509 H 24/24, but on some
transponders the signal disappears in the middle of the night until the early morning.

Here is a small file only reduced to 5 ° W MIS transponders. it can help you.

My greetings.
Attachments
3550.ini-MIS.rar
(388 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times
pcfoul

Postby VictorLS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm

pcfoul wrote:Here is a small file only reduced to 5 ° W MIS transponders. it can help you.

Thanks. I tried your ini on 5w with both OMICOM S2 PCI and TBS 5520SE and both bda.dev and blindscan.dev (commonly four times) with no lock any transponder as I thought before.
CrazyScan didn't find any 5w transponder too - only some strongest 4w transponders was.
VictorLS

Postby pcfoul » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Apparently you have a parable problem, or maybe you missed something, the fact of having been able to receive some transponders on 4 ° W is that you can have them on the 5 ° w, here is a link to the coverage area and the diameters that go with: http://www.satexpat.com/couverture/ouest/5/

Try it (11054, V, 29950,34,8PSK), the signal is strong.

Another link for all 5W beam: https://www.telesatellite.com/satellite ... -5-west-a/

My greetings.
pcfoul

Postby VictorLS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am

pcfoul wrote:Apparently you have a parable problem

My problem is too small dish for receiving any 5w Ku transponder in Russian Crimea. I believe there isn't any Ku transponder in Widebeam - all in Superbeam now.
pcfoul wrote:Another link for all 5W beam

I prefer http://www.flysat-beams.com/e5wa-beam.php where proof of impossible receiving Ku-band transponders from 5w.
Btw tree C-band transponders I receive (according to Eutelsat 5 West A C-band global beam) well enough
5w.jpg
5w.jpg (216.39 KiB) Viewed 323 times

from https://www.flysat.com/e5wa.php so no mistakes and problems on my side ;)
VictorLS

Return to Support