Can you explain what is happening here

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Can you explain what is happening here

Postby gap30 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 pm

https://postimg.org/image/2661638wp7/

Why does the CAT/PAT FAILED TIMEOUT occur when there is obviously a signal
gap30

Re: Can you explain what is happening here

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 pm

This just means the app is not getting scannable transport stream data even though there is a lock, which sometimes just can happen (which does not mean there might be other data on the mux, of course, there can be all kind of other data there perhaps) . Are you sure there should be transport stream channels on that freq? Of course some scan bug can also not be ruled out, but unlikely, or less likely. You could also lock that freq and make a transport stream debug dump to see if there is actual data there.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby VictorLS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm

SmartDVB wrote:Are you sure there should be transport stream channels on that freq?

It's strange question - if you look at number of Thanks (gap30's thank also present) you understand - feed is great.
gap30
Did you try scan that feed with blindscan.dev and with Blind Scanner in app SmartDVB? Or in CrazyScan?
VictorLS

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Ok, sorry didn't realise it was a known feed, my head is not what it should be atm, been under the weather for a couple of days, if the data should be there it could be various things. App bug, bda incompatibility or bug or perhaps even driver bugs. As VictorLS suggests try blindscan.dev or CrazyScan or any other DVB tool which uses bda preferrably, if you get the same result its probably not something sdvb specific.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby gap30 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:22 pm

I must have a problem at my end
gap30

Postby VictorLS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:25 pm

gap30 wrote:I must have a problem at my end

No, I repeat your problem and I'm sure it's just weak feed because I tried two SAT devices in three programs - SmartDVB, DVBViewer and CrazyScan.
At first I have to use http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=81 method to write feed in app, but later signal becomes stronger (or USA turn off their HAARP so noise was decreased) I could write that feed using TBS 5520SE with both bda.dev and blindscan.dev
But now I'm sure 100% OMICOM is more sensitive than TBS 5520SE. With OMICOM this feed was badly (later not badly) watchable but with TBS 5520SE - unwatchable all time (lock indicator blinks like beacon)
Just some pictures, ask me if don't understand anything in it:
VictorLS

Return to Support