EPG often has gaps: store all future EPG info

Here you can talk about features you would like to see in future releases

EPG often has gaps: store all future EPG info

Postby mzso » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi!

I often notice gaps in the (mini) EPG when I start SDVB, even though I used it less then a day ago.
EPG information is available for around a week into the future. So it would be nice if there weren't any gaps until the information is refreshed after startup.
mzso

Re: EPG often has gaps: store all future EPG info

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Good day,

I'll make sure to check this have not been using that channellist EPG that much recently (i tend to prefer the quicker compact mode there)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:07 pm

SmartDVB wrote:Good day,

I'll make sure to check this have not been using that channellist EPG that much recently (i tend to prefer the quicker compact mode there)

Not only the channel list is affected. When I look at the guide (ctrl+g) I also see the information missing there. And after the EPG info is loaded I can see programs for a week into the future. This suggests to me that not everything's stored.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Not only the channel list is affected. When I look at the guide (ctrl+g) I also see the information missing there. And after the EPG info is loaded I can see programs for a week into the future. This suggests to me that not everything's stored.

i see perhaps this is related to recent unicode changes. The only thing that should affect removal of epg are the epg settings (Max EPG days to parse, which should be correct otherwise you would not see the newly loaded EPG) and the 'remote epg entries older than ?? days, which i suppose is set to at least a week? You could also test it without any epg removal (disable the 'delete old/obsolete EPG entries at app exit').

This could still be some epg related issue so send me a transport stream recording with the 'EIT' checkbox enabled, which should record EPG, so i can check this out (when you tune such a channel do you directly see the EPG in the EPG pane below the video or does it show up empty and then later fills up (it should first load from the DB which you should see immediately and then update from the stream if necessary, this is how i see it here)

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 pm

SmartDVB wrote:

i see perhaps this is related to recent unicode changes. The only thing that should affect removal of epg are the epg settings (Max EPG days to parse, which should be correct otherwise you would not see the newly loaded EPG) and the 'remote epg entries older than ?? days, which i suppose is set to at least a week? You could also test it without any epg removal (disable the 'delete old/obsolete EPG entries at app exit').

This could still be some epg related issue so send me a transport stream recording with the 'EIT' checkbox enabled, which should record EPG, so i can check this out (when you tune such a channel do you directly see the EPG in the EPG pane below the video or does it show up empty and then later fills up (it should first load from the DB which you should see immediately and then update from the stream if necessary, this is how i see it here)

best regards

Could it be that only very little is loaded automatically, if I don't switch to a particular channel? It seems like that to me. (And why would I switch to a channel if nothing interesting is on it.) When I look at a channel in EPG view I only see a couple of programs in the future. But when I switch to it there's a week worth of programs instantly in the pane, and in the EPG view when I open it.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Could it be that only very little is loaded automatically, if I don't switch to a particular channel? It seems like that to me. (And why would I switch to a channel if nothing interesting is on it.) When I look at a channel in EPG view I only see a couple of programs in the future. But when I switch to it there's a week worth of programs instantly in the pane, and in the EPG view when I open it.

Not by design. Where possible i get data from the db first. So, barring bugs, i would expect you to see what's in the DB (blue EPG guide always uses db). So i would suspect something else here, perhaps some EPG parsing bug dunno ). Best would be if you could send me a transport stream recording of such a transponder (tools > debug > record ts), i should be able to scan the EPG myself, should also be able to switch between those same channels if they are on the same frequency/recording ..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:55 pm

SmartDVB wrote:

Not by design. Where possible i get data from the db first. So, barring bugs, i would expect you to see what's in the DB (blue EPG guide always uses db). So i would suspect something else here, perhaps some EPG parsing bug dunno ). Best would be if you could send me a transport stream recording of such a transponder (tools > debug > record ts), i should be able to scan the EPG myself, should also be able to switch between those same channels if they are on the same frequency/recording ..

Here's a recording then: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d0jWq ... K0KJVVIgHg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jvlKl ... lCcWlteWfV
mzso

Postby mzso » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:46 am

mzso

Return to Suggestions