Recording is not stopping

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

Recording is not stopping

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:18 am

- what os you're using: Windows 7 32 bit SP 1
- what type of card you're using (which driver u selected): BDA - DVB-S/T/C ATSC Device, DTV-DVBS 878 Digital Tuner Filter
- what settings you changed from default settings: "Record type" is to set to "mpg"
- what version of smartdvb you are using: V0.2.5.0 RC1

I click the record while smartdvb is recording, it just doesn't stop recording. I have to exit from the program.
The problem occurs only if "record type" is set to "mpg".
sinancetinkaya

Re: Recording is not stopping

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 am

well try the release and see if this is resolved (btw ac3 and hd channels are never recorded well in mpg, use ts. for that)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:33 am

SmartDVB wrote:well try the release and see if this is resolved (btw ac3 and hd channels are never recorded well in mpg, use ts. for that)

I tested it on MPEG2 channels.
Video codec information:
Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25fps 15000kbps [Video - MPEG2, Main Profile, Main Level, 720x576, 25.000 fps, 15000.0 kbit/s (0000,e0,00)]
Audio: MPEG Audio 48000Hz stereo 256kbps [Audio - MPEG1 - Layer 2, 48.0 kHz, 2 chn, 256.0 kbit/s (0000,c0,00)]
sinancetinkaya

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 am

did the test work or fail (with 0.2.5 release, with me not)?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm

SmartDVB wrote:did the test work or fail (with 0.2.5 release, with me not)?

I haven't received anything from you.
How can I download it?
sinancetinkaya

Postby cengizhan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:37 am

download latest release from http://www.smartdvb.net
cengizhan

Postby sinancetinkaya » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 am

cengizhan wrote:download latest release from http://www.smartdvb.net

Damn Firefox, it didn't update the page until after I pressed F5. Now I see the new version
sinancetinkaya

Postby BipBip » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

But I still can change channel while the record button is down (maybe it's not recording anymore) and the blinking icon is active, when using smartexec that is (I start the record with smartexec and in SmartDVB I can change channel while recording...). I had a bug in my EPG viewer so it's how I noticed it, will update it today maybe.

Anyway, speaking of bugs I can't see the full connection window and some others, I think it might be related to the font size since I did not see anyone complaining, but I have it set to 125% (windows 7), in beta5 I can see all.

Clipboard-1.png
Clipboard-1.png (36.87 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
BipBip

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

well i removed the messagebox which was shown when changing channel when a recording was going on, but you should see a message now in the bottom status bar like 'recording in progress.. etc'...
i'll check that font issue, odd as i also have non standard font size i use here thanks..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby BipBip » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm

After all the problem is not when recording with smartexec but using the back arrow to return to previous channel. Got the impression that it was solved in latest beta but I just tested it now and I still can change the channel when recording is on.

Regarding the windows size I dunno, I just verified font size and it's 125%, with 0.2.1 b5 I can see whole window. Maybe increasing it would do :)

Clipboard-2.png
Clipboard-2.png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 1958 times

But there are others where I also can't see the whole text like in device settings window:

Clipboard-3.png
Clipboard-3.png (37.23 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
BipBip

Postby sinancetinkaya » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 pm

BipBip wrote:(I start the record with smartexec and in SmartDVB I can change channel while recording...)

Same, Smartexec changes channel while SmartDVB is recording
sinancetinkaya

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Dude, is there any workaround to prevent SmartDVB breaking program recordings?
I've scheduled some program recordings, but overlapped events break the recording and switches the channel.
I'm losing recording in the middle of the tv program and it's really annoying :(
sinancetinkaya

Postby BipBip » Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm

sinancetinkaya wrote:Dude, is there any workaround to prevent SmartDVB breaking program recordings?
I've scheduled some program recordings, but overlapped events break the recording and switches the channel.
I'm losing recording in the middle of the tv program and it's really annoying :(
Why do u program overlapped events? ;) In SmartDVB scheduler you can adjust precisely the starting time and duration of each event... but might be difficult to keep track of each one if you have many, dunno.

But I might do overlapped check in my utility, but it needs to always run for schedule to work, and did not add option for adjusting recording time too, now I have 2 minutes before and 10 after, but for the couple of records I do daily did not needed advanced options :mrgreen:
BipBip

Postby sinancetinkaya » Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 am

BipBip wrote:
sinancetinkaya wrote:Dude, is there any workaround to prevent SmartDVB breaking program recordings?
Why do u program overlapped events? ;) In SmartDVB scheduler you can adjust precisely the starting time and duration of each event... but might be difficult to keep track of each one if you have many, dunno.

But I might do overlapped check in my utility, but it needs to always run for schedule to work, and did not add option for adjusting recording time too, now I have 2 minutes before and 10 after, but for the couple of records I do daily did not needed advanced options :mrgreen:

you already gave the answer
but might be difficult to keep track of each one if you have many
sinancetinkaya

Return to Beta Testing