Welcome to SmartDVB (current version 0.5.1 win32 portable)
0.5.1 win32 release
0.5.1 win32 release now available at the download section
0.5.1 win32 portable release is now available for download.
This 32 bit portable update should have all the recent 0.5.1 x64 build changes, such as unicode support, and (additional) fixes. Some added features or improvements include:
- better zoom capabilities through a zoom dialog. You can save zoom settings on a per channel basis.
- Somewhat better H.264 4:2:2 support, but your mileage may still vary depending on the used codecs, as usual LAV is recommended.
- XMLTV EPG/EIT importing (experimental for now, if you find issues here please report them).
- BDA module (bda.dev) Astrometa DVB-T/C support, including DVB-T PLP (only works on 32 bit version).
For installation instructions see the 0.5.1 x64 portable build install description below. Please note that instead of using x64 codecs you'll have to use 32 bit codecs instead with regards to the description of course, and please do not forget to run 'filters/registerfilters.bat' with administrator privileges.
0.5.1 x64 beta test portable version now available.
The first x64 beta build of SmartDVB is now available for download. The build includes an initial port of channel listing and epg to unicode. The epg database smarteit.db has been modified to allow for full UNICODE EPG/EIT support. Other than that the x64 build uses the same baseline code as the 32 bit version and hence the feature set for both versions should be about the same. Care has been taken to support most of the legacy application functionality, including blindscan and plugins.
This version also improves video quality and error recovery, including better 4:2:2 handling/processing.
The build is not provided as an install but as a portable .zip archive. The installation process is simple.
-Just extract the archive and register the included filters
-Run filters\registerfilters.bat with administrator priveleges (for example by right clicking on the
registerfilters.bat and selecting 'run as administrator' with the file explorer)
-The x64 build requires x64 decoder versions (both video and audio), previously installed 32 bit versions of decoders will not be seen by the 64 bit version, so please make sure the appropriate x64 versions of the codecs you wish to use with the x64 build are installed.
The 64 bit executable SmartDVB.exe should now be runnable.
It is not required to install the 32 bit version alongside the x64 version, the two versions should run independent of one another.
Please note device support for the x64 build is limited for some devices, not all (legacy) device manufacturers have x64 bit sdk's available. Skystar.dev is is not available so technisat skystar devices will not be fully functional. Tevii devices will also only, possibly, work with the tevii (bda) device type, the tevii.dll required for the sdk is also not available as a x64 dll.
0.5.0 release is now available for download.
This version contains mostly stability improvements and various bug fixes. If you previously had problems with some devices or other stability problems, it's
0.5.0 Release contains various fixes to DVB-T2 PLP handling and adds T2-MI support.
This version contains mostly stability improvements and various bug fixes. If you previously had problems with some devices or other stability problems, it's recommended to try the current 0.5.0 RC version. Some of the main changes are:
- overall improved stability.
- bda.dev fixes/improvements should be compatible with more devices now.
- HEVC compatibility improved, some current HEVC codecs do not seem mature enough yet and might cause crashes or freezes, if you have problems try the LAV HEVC decoder.
- improved blindscanner interface
- better video stability.
- audio A/B channel selection button to the graphical status bar.
- scheduler conflict detection and resolving.
- signal analyzer and monitoring including a constellation diagram.
- some timeshift changes should make timeshift more stable.
- Improved MDAPI compatibililty and fixes.
SmartDVB is an unpretentious digital-tv watch application for satellite,
terrestrial or cable TV cards. Emphasis has been put on overall speed and user
experience on the desktop concerning DVB operations like scanning and channel
viewing. It also allows for HTPC/PVR functionality through SmartOSD and legacy video renderer OSD. New OSD includes Options menu
for quick PVR like access, better integrated EPG, Teletext, graphical timeshift,
program data, zoom, custom graphics station list and also logo support. If you're looking for a solid
allround DVB experience using the
current renderer technologies like EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer), try it out! If
you have any problems or queries feel free to contact the author through the
forum or e-mail.
smartdvb.net for support (old jackjavo hotmail account is invalid).
Main Features (current
version 0.5.0.11 (hotfix))
- Easy to use and user friendly interface .
- Low footprint, fast operation with fast channel changing.
Supports integrated logos (station list, Electronic program guide)
- Supports Skystar 2 WDM and BDA-S/T/C and ATSC devices.
Includes a BlindScanner (as of 0.2.5 RC1) which also scans for channels (your
blindscan card must be supported by the crazycat streamreader.dll blindscan
- Supports SkyWalker devices used
in North America for turbo-fec modulations.
american support includes Digicipher II modulations (with bda genpix module)
- Supports diseqc (depending on DVB
Supe used) including motor support.
to be used like PVR (personal video recorder) with new SmartOSD
SmartOSD which allow for remote usage or quick clickable access.
Graphical timeshift (SmartOSD) which
Graphical (SmartOSD) Options menu for easy acccess of basic PVR functionality
(Audio track, Aspect ratio, subtitles, epg, teletext etc)
SmartOSD integrated Teletext (clickable & remote)
zoom functionality available through SmartOSD (also remote)
to select specific device per frequency list/satellite to possibly use a
different device per satellite/frequency list (also dvb-t/c etc).
version 0.3.0+ no administration execution is required (if application data is
installed at the local application data folder).
graphical station list with logo support
ability to play external media files.
ability to re play DVB transport files which also allows for epg/teletext to be
viewed from the recorded/saves transport stream file.
- OSD (on-screen-display) which
can also be used as a basic HTPC/PVR setup through remote.
- DiSeqC support includes using
cascaded switches setups (diseqc 1.1)
- H264 and S2 support (through bda driver) so you can enjoy full HD channels.
- You can create scheduled record tasks for your favorite tv programs .
- Supports teletext and multi audio channel, including teletext subtitles.
- Supports MD-API plugins.
- Supports MPEG
PS and Transport Stream record formats .
- Mpeg PS
records support radio, AC3, HD (H.264)
Multiple same mux/frequency recordings (up to 64 concurrent records) with
integrated progress window.
- Supports Windows XP® ,Windows Vista® and Windows 7® operating system .
- Includes integrated EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
with logo/content support
- Supports timeshifting also for
- Supports winlirc remotes and native remotes (depending on DVB device used)
- Supports basic CI (Common interface)
- Optimized EVR (Enhanced
Video Renderer) support
- Favorite channel list so you can arrange your
stations like you want
- Remote channel list so you can arrange your
stations for customized use with your remote
- Snapshots so you can make an image in BMP format of the current channel
- UDP streaming to other pc's
using a UDP capable viewer like VLC.
- Allows you to use multiple
monitors with the fullscreen/application mode.
- Customizable for usage in North
America (scanner and epg parser)
- Customizable input settings for
keyboard or remotes.
- DVB subtitles.
AddOns allows for custom SmartDVB applications.
(C) 2007-2016 by SmartWare, all rights reserved.