SmartDVB does not release the DVB card! Is it OK?!

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

SmartDVB does not release the DVB card! Is it OK?!

Postby vbbhasti » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi;

After exiting the program, Setup4PC remains green. It means the DVB card is still receiving signal. Although it doesn't seem to be something to be worried about, but it IS still on my nerve! I think it should be bad for the dvb card, because as you may know TV/DVB cards consume a lot of energy. So, if they are going to hog the resources and electricity they will be out of use very soon. TechniSAT viewer, also suffers from this. ProgDVB and WinClip dont: after exiting, the Setup4PC becomes red & its signal activity status says 'out of lock'.

I tried to cope this problem by selecting LNB Power on/off options in settings. But failed.

Any idea? Or should it be solved in future versions?!

Thank you.
vbbhasti

Re: SmartDVB does not release the DVB card! Is it OK?!

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 pm

lnb power off should indeed be the option to use for this, at this moment this only works with some tbs devices though. I don't have a technisat device here to test but it might be possible with the wdm driver to add lnb power off at app shutdown. Please try this skystar.dev https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/519 ... kyStar.zip and make sure you have the 'general' option to power off LNB at app shutdown enabled.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby vbbhasti » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Thank you; Although SkyStar.dev is included in the installer already, but their MD5s are different! Anyway, the one you suggested with power off LNB at app shutdown enabled, didn't solve the problem.

Thank you anyway, and I hope support for TechniSAT devices for the future ;)
vbbhasti

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 pm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/519 ... kyStar.zip

please try again

yes i've made some modification to skystar.dev which according to the sdk should turn lnb power off for technisat devices, problem i cannot test such atm i don't have any usable tecnnisat devices.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:26 pm

like i mentioned, this skystar.dev has some modification to try to set lnb power so it's not the same as the stock skystar.dev, please try the same url again since i've modified some code it might work now.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby vbbhasti » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:48 am

YES. The problem has gone for good :P

Thank you very much. Now, this one should be included in the future installers.
vbbhasti

Postby Wuffi » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello,

I have same problem, I have TechniSat SkyStar HD 2 (DVB-S in Germany), I have replaced SkyStar.dev in the device folder, but still not work!

How I can solve the problem? I use SmartDVB 0.4.0.12. My satellit is located to 19.2E Astra!

Thanks

Wuffi
Wuffi

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:51 pm

hi,
have you perhaps only installed the drivers and not the additional technisat software (the one with setup4PC etc?)? If you only installed the drivers with technisat skystar devices i remember your device would not be found. THis is because sdvb uses the technisat sdk to access your device, and this needs some components only installed with the technisat software. Otherwise it's some other problem. If all fails you could also try the technisat bda drivers, in which case diseqc would not be support, but for a single satellite usage this would perhaps be usable.
regards,
sdvb
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Wuffi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks, the driver ist already installed:

I also use DVBviewer, no problem with this one.
Wuffi

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

skystar hd2 is reported to work with skystar.dev so i'm not sure what your problem could be. Could you also try the current 0.4.5 beta version? And if the problem remains send me bda.log (after a failed device selection).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby DVB-S PL » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 am

TechniSat SkyStar HD2 is OEM version of TwinHan/AzureWave AD-SP 400, maybe it would be working better on Florian BDA? But if You will try to use Florian BDA, You should probably completely close Setup4PC (if You installed it), because it will make card busy and won't allow to control it.
DVB-S PL

Postby adil727 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:38 am

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32 bit

My Skystar 2 rev. 2.3 (driver 4.6.0) is not recognized

adil727

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm

My Skystar 2 rev. 2.3 (driver 4.6.0) is not recognized

SmartDVB usesvthe technisat sdk for this old skystar2 device, did you only install the driver or also the technisat software (which, if i remember correctly, should also install the SDK, included with some .ax)?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby dukati » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi, I have the same problem my skystar HD USB remain ON (green led on the skystar USB) when I turn SmartDVB OFF and this don't let me turn OFF win10. I did try to download the modified skystar.dev but the link don't work anymore. Can someone please reupload the file somewhere ? I am on SmartDVB v0.5.1.38. and win10 x64. Thank you in advance to everybody will help me.
dukati

Return to Support