Monitoring loop

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Monitoring loop

Postby grillus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello, this is my first time in this forum, I work in a satellite control room, and I need to design a system for monitoring and checking around 100 channels with a loop. I´m thinking to build a workstation with 2 PCI cards TBS6908 that can open 4 channels at the same time, 8 together, and using a software to control the channel loop.
Is smartdvb able to show 8 channels together?
Does it show alarms when there is no signal, no video, no audio, etc?
Could I program the loop? Example, first 8 channels, 10 seconds monitoring, following 8 channels, 10 sec monitoring, etc. Just like that I could check it in aprox 2 min.

Thanks.
grillus

Re: Monitoring loop

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:54 pm

i don't think this would be possible atm, technically PIP allows for an unlimited number of channels so showing 8 channels simultaneously is doable, but there are no provisions for such things like alarms you mention. Sounds like you would be better off building some kind of simple tool for that, not sure if this would fit within the scope of this app since it's use might be limited to some people.
edit1: on second reading. Is that tbs device a dual tuner device? You might want to verify first that sdvb works with those dual tuner devices at the same time, even when trying to use multiple sdvb instances you might run into driver contention issues. Unless you verified that the device works ok with dual tuner mode (i've heard previously about people having quite some issues with such devices, since essentially you'd want to use the driver twice which could lead to problems)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support