Using 3 x monitor system floating window or full screen mode

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Using 3 x monitor system floating window or full screen mode

Postby Michael Piper » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:45 pm

I have a left, central and right monitor. I run the main window on my right monitor but when I select floating window or fullscreen, the image usually tries to open on my central (no. 1) monitor and often crashes the program.

The strange thing is it does sometimes open on the correct monitor but i cannot determine why.

Also, every time I change the display mode, the audio volume resets to zero!
Michael Piper

Re: Using 3 x monitor system floating window or full screen mode

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:00 am

are you able to send a crash report when the exception occurs? To make it easier for me you could attach or send the report to my mail (could be the dropbox cloud is full atm), you should be able to export the report when you view it's contents..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Michael Piper » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:46 am

Please tell me how to get a crash report?
Michael Piper

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:12 pm

if a report isn't generated by the exception there's nothing you can do other than send logs smartdvb.log/bda.log etc, if the logs aren't verbose enough to figure this out i could send you versions with more verbose logging for the monitor routines so as to better pinpoint the error location, but no guarantees here most users get tired after sending a couple of sets of logs but this is not how programming works..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support