0.5.0 RC Bugs

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

0.5.0 RC Bugs

Postby sdf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:40 am

Tried new 0.5.0 and works very well.
Thank you for that software.
Two major bugs that (IMHO) affect useability:
1) HTTP streaming doesn't work with playlists that contain channels from more than one device (SmartDVB simply crashes);
2) Graph building in EVR is very slow (3-4 secs); everything is OK with MadVR or other renderers.
My config win10 x64, intel i5-4460, 8gb ram.
Bye,
sdf
sdf

Re: 0.5.0 RC Bugs

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:56 pm

1) did u have the same http streaming issue with previous versions? Noted
2) again, do you see this issue with previous versions, this sounds odd have not heard from others evr has graph build issues did you try different codec settings? Or did you change evr directshow settings to see if and how this affects your setup? You could also send me a smartdvb.log/bda.log (or generate an error report after such evr delays and sent it to my smartdvb mail) so i could try to see what might be delaying the evr path with in your case
Edit: if you're willing and able to test this more thorough pm me i'll sent you test builds
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sdf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:08 pm

1) yes, exactly the same issue as 0.4.5 version
2) Sorry, I don't know if it really depends on graph building, i'm only supposing it. I didn't have this issue with 0.4.5.
Anyway no problem, will send you logs and will test everything.
Thank you,
sdf
sdf

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:38 pm

ok,

btw could you specify more precisely what you mean by playlists from multiple devices with HTTP streaming, just tried client mode and device switching from HTTP streaming seems to be ok, were you able to send a crash report on the aforementioned HTTP (client?) crashes? It seems the error reporting server might have been temporarily full so could you please re-send the error report if possible...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sdf » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm

I've sent a crash report, eventually will send you another.
To be more precise, i have a dvb-t and a dvb-s device.
My favourite list takes channels from both devices.
Smartdvb works perfectly and I can see and switch all the favourites channels.
Regarding http streaming, if I start vlc, as soon as vlc tries to load fav.m3u (also on the same pc), smartdvb crashes.
If i load an m3u related to a playlist that contains channels from only one device (dvb-t or dvb-s), http streaming works perfectly.
Tell me if I haven't been clear enough, and if you need another crash report.
Bye,
sdf
sdf

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks, clear enough now have been able to reproduce the issue and indeed it's a straightforward bug i had not even encountered myself during the, hasty, m3u playlist addition a while back
Br,
JJ
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sdf » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am

Very good JJ!
Forget about EVR graph building, I've checked "don't rebuild graph with EVR" or something like that and now all is perfect.
Thank you,
sdf
sdf

Return to Support