PVR(recording) issue

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

PVR(recording) issue

Postby Cham » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:25 am

V0.5.0.1
Had set up a couple of timed recordings this week. It worked... right time etc, but wrong channel (wrong TP, wrong stream). Set up another couple of trial timed recordings on various channels in the same TP, and same problem, it seems to record the first stream on the first TP scanned in instead of the one selected.
Going through the scheduler icon below the main menu, I select new, set the time, duration, etc, and choose which channel in the channel drop-down menu. Save, and close. When I open up the schedule to edit, it shows the first channel in the drop-down list, not the one chosen. It will continue to record this (wrong) channel when it's schedule begins. Seems not to be saving the channel information and defaults to the first TP/PID on the satellite selected.
Maybe a bug?
Cham

Re: PVR(recording) issue

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:56 am

Do these channels have the same sid/tid/nid combination on the other frequency/provider when you look at the channel's properties? If so this is a known issue which will be looked at. Same tid/nid or sid/tid/nid combinations dont happen often, very seldom, on european sats but seems to be more common elsewhere, what sat/provider is this on? Temp solution would be to change tid/nid manually with the channel properties dialog to something unique on the sat, although epg, if required, then for that channel might not work. You could also try changing only nid to some unique value on the sat to see if that works out better.
If you want ill pm you the current builds to see if this problem is still consistent with you
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Cham » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:48 am

These channels have different PIDs, SIDs, etc. It is like the input data for channel to be recorded is not getting saved, or gets corrupted somehow, and the recording defaults to the first TP/PID on that satellite instead of the one chosen.
The satellite in question is SES3 at 103W, TP is 11880 H 29994 5/6 8psk. The pid and PCR are different, but SID, NID, and TID is the same (1) as the channel it defaults to at the top of the list. Maybe this is the issue. Tried entering a different NID just for fun but it changes back to (1) when updated/saved.

Sounds like you are taking steps to address this issue in future releases. I'll can try any updates if you like, would be happy to help out of course. I can PM you my email.
Cheers!
Cham

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi no problem i"ll send you a mail when i have something testable in that regard.
br,
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby VodzigorLans » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:33 pm

In RC2 after recording BBC channel 27.5w i cannot get any data with mediainfo tool, i even checked to record all data but still it doesnt work. Can you pls restore it to 0.40.14 code because it was working perfect and SmartDVB was only one working programm with that package?

p.s. subs still dont work there but i just need to have correct recording back in new version...

Update pictures are addded:

Now:

Before:

TBS 6903, Prof-8000, Openbox SX6 HD, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Inverto Black Ultra, Supral 1.2m, Lans-90, Barton 380 MG
VodzigorLans

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:10 am

Hi

Some changes are there in the current builds which should improve recording (less glitches) in the end, recording has been moved outside the buffering so timeshifting would not affect the recording itself, which was so in the past, should be better once glitches are worked out, that's what rcs are for. Are you using timeshift? If not try with timeshift enabled. I presume that package is not encrypted, but could you still check if enabling recording encrypted packets makes a difference (recording settings, do other recording settings affect this. ? You don't have similar recording issues with other channels?.
Br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby VodzigorLans » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:47 am

Well there were no significant recording issue in previous version i used (at least small ones are still unfixed but it is not a problem for me and it doesnt affect recorded file).
I tried with time shift and encrypted packets enabled and disabled but result is same.
The package is biss encrypted and i tried with other biss encrypted channels and it works fine there.
recording has been moved outside the buffering

And i think it cause a problem here... Let me guess when buffered data has pmt and pids from opened channel but now it gets all data from pmt only? In that package there is no any pids assigned to pmt, you need to enter everything manually that is why that package doesnt work at most of software and hardware.
TBS 6903, Prof-8000, Openbox SX6 HD, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Inverto Black Ultra, Supral 1.2m, Lans-90, Barton 380 MG
VodzigorLans

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:01 am

Hi
Ok, so how is it possible it was recording previously, also for the buffers downline i use same pmt scanned channel information, perhaps you recorded entire ts with debug mode? If the audio and vid pid are not in the pmt they're not scanned in. Dit you try setting them manually? There's a test build you could look at perhaps for this, which might allow you to change the vid aud pids better from the channel properties so the should be passed to the recording. But expect new bugs

Br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support