HTTP stream in other PC

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

HTTP stream in other PC

Postby Europe12 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi,

I try to stream the video received by SmartDVB on another PC (or on an Android TV box) but no way to get there.

Here is the configuration made on the PC.

I also tested in UDP mode but same problem.

I tried to open the port in Windows 10, in TCP and UDP, both in and out.

I also check on a browser under another PC the following address (as the configuration requires): http://192.168.0.23/smartdvb/ the address runs without stopping.

On the PC or SmartDVB is installed, both streams run smoothly, so I do not understand what is blocking.

Tested on a PC, on the same local network, connected in Ethenet (and tested in Wifi) with VLC, MPC-HC, Kodi (playlist in IPTV Simple Client). Under the Android TV box, tested in Ethernet (and Wifi), under VLC Android, under MX Player and under Kodi (playlist in IPTV Simple Client).

If you have tracks to arrive a stream on another PC or an Android TV box.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Europe12

Re: HTTP stream in other PC

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 am

Hi,

So both streams run ok on your local machine? Did you run the app at least once as administrator with elevated privileges to ensure all the interfaces are registered (only needed once).

I've heard of issues with tcp/ip connectivity with windows 10 when the application is installed in the 'program files' folder. Please try an install at, for example 'c:/smartdvb', windows 10 might be disallowing tcp/ip access to the program files smartdvb.exe executable.

Br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi,

Ok, if I uninstall and reinstall Smart DVB, will the settings remain (strings, settings, scheluders)?

Thanks.

Best regards.
Europe12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Yes but you could also just copy the program files folder simewhere else, this should also work (so copy to c:/smartdvb for example)

Br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:21 pm

I copy SmartDVB in c: stream does not work. I also try hard drive e: but same result.

So both streams run ok on your local machine? Did you run the app at least once as administrator with elevated privileges to ensure all the interfaces are registered (only needed once).

Both streams functioning smoothly on the local machine. SmartDVB is all time running as an administrator.

Br.
Europe12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi

Ok please look at the smartdvb.log after starting the server, you should at least see there that the http server is listening at the 8080 port. If you see no obvious errors in the logs sdvb should be listening for http requests. If you see errors please quote them here or send me the smartdvb.log.

Otherwise if all seems ok try a local vlc first for example.
Try entering 127.0.0.1 as the host, instead of 192.168.0. 23, restart sdvb as admin if necessary again. Which url are you trying to open with vlc for example? Start a local vlc on the host, open a network stream in vlc and enter 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/server?command=fav.m3u', this should give you a list of the current favorites from which you can select a channel. Replace fav.m3u with main.m3u to get a list of the main/general channel list. If this works you can enter the 191.168.0.23 address again, maybe just for testing purposes disable your firewall and anti virus software and see if it works then.

br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi,

I see no error in the SmartDVB.log, here it is in full version: http://pastebin.com/bFmDYFvh

Under 127.0.0.1 it works, the 2 addresses (fav + main)

Under 192.168.0.23 it works on the local machine, not on another PC, test with antivirus (Avast) disable.

But when the Windows Firewall is disabled it works, yet the TCP port is allowed.

Edit: By allowing all the TCP ports to work, by allowing port 8080 the connection is blocked.

Br.
Europe12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 pm

hi,

Do you also have port 80 (default standard http port) open? From memory i don't think i use that when a different port like 8080 is set but perhaps it's required by http and should, this should not cause a security risk on a local system when using http.

br,
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi,

No, port 80 was not allowed, I just allowed it with port 8080 (all port deactivated rule) is it works.

Now it works without all TCP ports being allowed.

Thank you.

Br.
Europe12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pm

hi,

ok, good you got it sorted out. I wanted to write in the log i saw you used port 8181 if so you should have allowed port 8181 of course.

br,
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi,

Yes, it was during my tests, I had to test port 8181 thinking it was a bug of port 8080.

All is good now, finally on MX Player (Androïd) and on VLC (other PC), more than to configure the playlist for Kodi on the Android TV box is all will be good.

Thank you very much, I was looking for 3 days how authorized the stream.

Very good technical support for a free software, I congratulate you.

Br.
Europe12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:38 pm

hi,

You're just lucky i'm home atm. HTTP has recently been optimized somewhat so i'm also just interested to know if it works for people now compared to previously where it could be unstable, m3u usage could cause crashes etc with the previous version (rc1)..

ok, for favorites you should be able to use drag and drop to configure the favorites channel order (only when using the graphical list)

best regards,
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Europe12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi,

Ok, thanks for the tip, it works very well.

Thank you for your time devoting to my problem.

Best regards.
Europe12

Postby sickboy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:19 am

Has there been a recent change enforcing the use of "main.m3u" or "fav.m3u" ? I have been using just m3u as in "server?command=m3u" and been having nothing but issues lately, possibly since a recent upgrade.

Easy enough to try when I get home.
sickboy

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 pm

what kind of issues, crashes or not getting the stream?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sickboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:52 am

At the moment not getting the channel list or stream outside the local machine but I may have screwed something up with the firewall settings. However I discovered something more peculiar for the moment.

On the local machine if I open vlc and use the loop back address the channel list won't open but using 192... it will. The stream defaults to the first channel on the list which is fta and opens on both SDVB and vlc but subsequent channel changes in vlc send no stream to it. I can see in sdvb where it says Channel change succeeded but get a blank screen in both. Sdvb doesn't seem to be frozen but at that point I can't get a stream back even using sdvb directly.

Is this expected behaviour for some reason or did I maybe mess up a setting somewhere ?
sickboy

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 am

I think this could be something introduced i can send you a test build regarding this lateron.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sickboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Very good and thanks.
sickboy

Postby sickboy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 pm

This seems to be working again. I didn't go about it in a very scientific way so I can't say what fixed it. However after you said a bug may have been introduced I thought I'd wipe the install and download an older version. I must have clicked on the wrong link as the new install is reporting 0.5.0.60 which I think is the latest.

What I DIDN'T do was copy my saved smartdvb.db to the new installation like a did in my previous upgrade.

So the question.. is the "smartdvb.db" file compatible between upgrades like I thought it was or can it essentially become "corrupt" when used this way ? If it can't be used maybe you can refresh my memory how to retain scanned satellite info when upgrading.
sickboy

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Good day,

The smartdvb.db database is compatible between updates etc. I make sure it is. I'm quite sure this streaming problem you had is related to recent PLP changes. That it worked again for you after a reinstall was probably just some luck..

Best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sickboy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 am

Ok very good. Will look forward to the next update.
sickboy

Return to Support