Client Mode

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Client Mode

Postby sickboy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:16 am

I have my main instance set up to http stream and it works as expected with my android boxes and kodi. I have another instance of Smartdvb on another pc which I set up in Client mode but realized I don't know how to make it talk to the Server.

Is the Client supposed to control the dvb device connected to the server something akin to Sat>ip or are we supposed to manually load the channel list from the server into the Client and if so how do we do that ? Thanks
sickboy

Re: Client Mode

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:54 am

Hi

Yes the client mode allows you to use the dvb device on the server from another (client) pc to switch devices. It's quite basic atm and requires some manual configuration.

Setup http streaming on the server machine.
Make sure server mode is ebabled at the server machine
Yes the client mode requires you to manually copy the server channel db, smartdvb.db, to the client.

Copy smartdvb.db manually from the server to the client machine (with local data installs to the local application data path, otherwise where the smartdvb.exe recides). This file contains all channels/sat settings etc from the server.

Make sure client mode is enabled at the client machine
Select the specific client device at 'tools > devices', select the client/null device of the correct device type. (dvb-s/t etc).

I realise some of these steps could be made automatic or easier, like automatic/perodic server db downloading. But as said client functionality is quite basic at the moment.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Re: Client Mode

Postby sickboy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:38 am

Ok thanks for clearing that up ! Will give it a shot when i get home.
sickboy

Return to Support