Skystar 2 eXpress HD Remote Control

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Skystar 2 eXpress HD Remote Control

Postby gap30 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi

Just picked up a brand new Skystar on ebay for £12 8-)

Reading the reviews online i was expecting it to be a donkey, but it works surprisingly well

Anyhows installed drivers ok, software detects the card only issue now is how do I get the remote control to work

Have tried the obvious settings>input>native remote - I get no response from the button bashing

What have I done wrong this time :?
gap30

Re: Skystar 2 eXpress HD Remote Control

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm afraid techisat sdk/wdm native remote support is just not implemented for skystar devices, i simply never got that info from technisat or never found it online somewhere
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby gap30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 pm

SmartDVB wrote:I'm afraid techisat sdk/wdm native remote support is just not implemented for skystar devices, i simply never got that info from technisat or never found it online somewhere

Ok tbh I have had several BSOD from the device, it may well end up in the box of 'satellite junk' soon :?
gap30

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 pm

i see, with regards to technisat make sure you use the wdm skystar.dev device, the old technisat bda implementation is just plain bad. Skystar.dev will only work on the 32 bit version as there's no 32 bit technisat sdk available as far as i know so it would be impossible to create a 64 bit .dev (perhaps a seperate bridge could be used for this, similar to what i did with blindscan.dev for the x64 bit build, but have not invested time in that).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby tahir » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:25 pm

SmartDVB wrote: (perhaps a seperate bridge could be used for this, similar to what i did with blindscan.dev for the x64 bit build, but have not invested time in that).

Please invest some time in it if free xd

Using the 64bit version with florian bda, seems stable till now. Only problem is PowerVU emu.
tahir

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Good day,

I agree x64 build in some aspects to me sometimes seems more stable as the 32 build.

About ss2 devices, the 32 build will still support these older devices of course. About 64 bit proxy, I don't know if any c++ coder would be able to test this i could make like an example template/framework in cpp which would have to be developed/tested with ss2 sdk devices. At this moment i don't have any technisat device to test with.

Best reverts
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support