Streaming channels

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Streaming channels

Postby gap30 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi had a little play with streaming last night, was sending to a Sony Android TV using http://127.0.0.1:8080/smartdvb

Only using wireless atm but may upgrade to wired connection, seems to work well :D

Thing is FTA channels are fine whereas 'premium' channels do not want to work

Is there something preventing these channels opening?
gap30

Re: Streaming channels

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Good day,

There should be no reason for those channels to not work. How are you accessing them? I've seen issues with specific tv types not being able to view certain channels before. Perhaps you could first try to see if those channels work locally with VLC. The http://127.0.0.1:8080/smartdvb URL is more meant for access by smartdvb clients, you might be better off trying m3u iptv access.
There's a hidden feature which allows you to access the current channel list as an m3u list. Using the m3u list should account for correct channel changes etc.

See this thread for more info viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1379&start=0&hilit=m3u

regards..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby gap30 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:23 am

Same thing happens in VLC, I can watch BBC one etc but if i try a premium channel or channel with biss keys for instance it will not open

I am turning off renderless mode as i do this, maybe this is the problem?

Is it because I am using plugins via 64 mdplugins

Thanks for the reply meanwhile
gap30

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:22 pm

you might be right this might be something introduced with the x64 bit mdplugins. Do you have timeshift enabled? If so could you see if disabling timeshift makes a difference with regards to this?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support