Minor: Audio cuts out during view mode transition

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Minor: Audio cuts out during view mode transition

Postby mzso » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi!

It's a small thing but a tad annoying. During the transition from any (floating, full, normal window) to another, the audio cuts out. Other media software I have are not afflicted by this. The transition between FS and normal window the cut-out takes longer with madVR than between floating and normal.
With EVR the transition (and the cut-out) takes a lot longer by default. So it's more annoying.
Filters: all LAV
Renderer: madVR.
mzso

Re: Minor: Audio cuts out during view mode transition

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm

What OS were you using again? You don't have the 'windows 8 compatibility' directshow setting enabled? On my (and others as reported) win7 systems transition is almost immediately and it should be with EVR, perhaps a minor delay but not seconds. With MadVR there might be extra channel reloads there atm to prevent any display mode changing issues which tend to happen a lot with MadVR.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 pm

What OS were you using again? You don't have the 'windows 8 compatibility' directshow setting enabled? On my (and others as reported) win7 systems transition is almost immediately and it should be with EVR, perhaps a minor delay but not seconds. With MadVR there might be extra channel reloads there atm to prevent any display mode changing issues which tend to happen a lot with MadVR. This is all with LAV i presume. What are your directshow settings? Default or changed?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:41 pm

SmartDVB wrote:What OS were you using again? You don't have the 'windows 8 compatibility' directshow setting enabled? On my (and others as reported) win7 systems transition is almost immediately and it should be with EVR, perhaps a minor delay but not seconds. With MadVR there might be extra channel reloads there atm to prevent any display mode changing issues which tend to happen a lot with MadVR. This is all with LAV i presume. What are your directshow settings? Default or changed?

I'm on windows 8. And I did have that option set, when I was trying to solve the framedrops with the Eurosport channels. Now I tuned it off but it makes no difference.

Because of the aforementioned issue I also changed to the microsoft decoder. Although I can't reproduce the extra delay with EVR right now. (Usually deinterlacing doesn't work with EVR either, but right now it does...)

Anyway, the shorter gap is still a tad annoying. It results in an audible click. But since with other software (using madVR) the audio doesn't cut out I thought it could be done with SDVB just as well.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm on windows 8. And I did have that option set, when I was trying to solve the framedrops with the Eurosport channels

That option would only affect going to fullscreen etc.

Anyway, the shorter gap is still a tad annoying. It results in an audible click. But since with other software (using madVR) the audio doesn't cut out I thought it could be done with SDVB just as well.

It probably is still preventable, i'll have to check if there's still something specific for MadVR there perhaps.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:28 pm

SmartDVB wrote:It probably is still preventable, i'll have to check if there's still something specific for MadVR there perhaps.

The problem is not specific to madVR. It was just worse with EVR, due to the longer transition. (I don't know why the audio cuts out in SDVB during transition)
mzso

Return to Support