the two things that bug me the most

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

the two things that bug me the most

Postby YagiBear » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:35 pm

There's one thing that bugs me the most, recently, and another minor annoyance that I'd like to report here.
Occasionally, it's rather random, L drops and the V/A quality is very much degraded. That is to be expected. The problem is that the app never manages to recover from that temporary issue. Reloading channel or rebuilding graph doesn't help.
If the close/start the app the V/A quality immediately is pretty much perfect.

The minor annoyance is to do with the PIP aspect ratio. It seems that in Israel, for some reason, AR is reported wrongly as 4:3 where it should be 16:9. So I went to Settings->General and checked Set aspect ratio from source and also set Auto adapt 4/3 Aspect Ratio: to 16:9. That changed nothing (at least, I didn't see any difference). Only after right clicking in the main video -> Aspect ratio and checking there 16:9 and [i]Auto adapt 4/3 or 16/9 from source[i] It now auto-changes AR to 16:9 both in the main screen and in full screen mode. Unfortunately, I have to set AR to 16:9 in PIP every time manually.

While trying this all out again jut to double-check I ran into a new issue: Closing PIP, sometimes, takes forever, and there's a huge CPU usage spike, the app becomes unresponsive.
SmartDVB v0.5.1.38 / Windows 10 Pro version 1803
Intel i5 3470 / 8G DDR3 / GeForce GTX660 / Mini USB DVB-T IT9135 BDA Filter (bda.dev)
Israel.Central (6 TV/12 Radio), H.264 & AAC/LATM ; MS DTV-DVD (EVR & default DirectSound) / DirectX 12
YagiBear

Re: the two things that bug me the most

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Occasionally, it's rather random, L drops and the V/A quality is very much degraded. That is to be expected. The problem is that the app never manages to recover from that temporary issue. Reloading channel or rebuilding graph doesn't help.
If the close/start the app the V/A quality immediately is pretty much perfect.

did you also have this the current version? This is with LAV? Do you have this specifically with bda.dev or all modules (also bdas.dev perhaps for dvb-t or blindscan.dev/streamreader if your dvb-t device runs with that).

The minor annoyance is to do with the PIP aspect ratio. It seems that in Israel, for some reason, AR is reported wrongly as 4:3 where it should be 16:9. So I went to Settings->General and checked Set aspect ratio from source and also set Auto adapt 4/3 Aspect Ratio: to 16:9. That changed nothing (at least, I didn't see any difference). Only after right clicking in the main video -> Aspect ratio and checking there 16:9 and [i]Auto adapt 4/3 or 16/9 from source[i] It now auto-changes AR to 16:9 both in the main screen and in full screen mode. Unfortunately, I have to set AR to 16:9 in PIP every time manually.

That's how auto adapt works now, you have to have both options enabled so you optionally can toggle this mode, i think that was the idea back then. About the wrong AR, is this with SD or HD? You could send me a recording of such a channel and i'll try to see why you get a wrong AR there or add some patch.

While trying this all out again jut to double-check I ran into a new issue: Closing PIP, sometimes, takes forever, and there's a huge CPU usage spike, the app becomes unresponsive.

any more specifics? You didn't have this before? Does it seem related SD/HD or something else?

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support