video compression in real time during recording ?

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

video compression in real time during recording ?

Postby pcfoul » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 am

Hi
Is it possible to add video compression in real time during the recording and which must be configurable as on video conversion software.
it's been a while since this topic preoccupies me, but I do not know if it is possible on a program of direct reception by setallite, because it does not exist on any other program.

Thank you
pcfoul

Re: video compression in real time during recording ?

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Good day,

How about TS recording with ffmpeg.exe transcoding enabled. As long as your CPU is strong enough for realtime ffmpeg processing this should work. Ffmpeg can be tailored with command line parameters to achieve just about any type of compression one requires.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pcfoul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am

I know how to transcode avi, mp4 etc, but I do not know what it means the lines written in the program, if you can orientate me, because I have already tried several times for example to register in AVI mode, 1280x720 resolution with a bit rate of 5000 Kbps, but it does not work.

The goal in all this is to have a small final file.
pcfoul

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 pm

but I do not know what it means the lines written in the program

if you're referring to the ffmpeg command line parameters you can better search this and note the specific version of ffmpeg.exe that you're using (google is your best friend). FFmpeg tends to change command line parameter syntax over time. The one included width the distribution is already quite dated probably but kept so to maintain compatibility with the current command line parameters used.

cheerio
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support