High CPU utilisation after switching channel for some time

General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

High CPU utilisation after switching channel for some time

Postby Alpini » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Hello,

I am experiencing high CPU utilisation after I switch to a different channel. But it's only for some time and then CPU utilisation becomes very low. Anyone knows the reason?

SmartDVB_CPU.png
SmartDVB_CPU.png (44.4 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

It's the same on HD and SD channels. I know my system is nearly 10 years old and relatively weak but in "low CPU mode" is still performing very well. I have the LAV filters installed and set. Iam using a TeeviS471 with a Geforce GT610.

This "High CPU time" is not constant and mostly between 1-2 minutes. The interesting thing is, when I load/refresh a website while Smartdvb is running then CPU utilisation becomes high again for some minutes.

Regards, Alpini
Alpini

Re: High CPU utilisation after switching channel for some time

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 am

Good day,

I am experiencing high CPU utilisation after I switch to a different channel. But it's only for some time and then CPU utilisation becomes very low. Anyone knows the reason?

might be the background EPG parser, if there's EPG on the tuned frequency it will start parsing about half a minute after a tune, depending on how much EPG is processed this can lead to some temporary CPU usage. But only once after a channel tune so it should subside after a while. You can just disable the background EPG parser in the settings if so desired.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Alpini » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:00 am

Thank you very much!

It is the EPG parser - when I turn it of then CPU is very low for all the time and the picture is more stable with less freezes detected.

Setting the "Max EPG days to parse" from 9 to 1 days seems to reduce the needed time much.
Alpini

Postby oldman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks for the tip.
:D
oldman

Return to Support