General support questions (e.g. question about device support problems or general application features/workings).

Postby gap30 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:22 am

Hi been using the latest x64 build for 48 hours

G3258, 8gb ram, GTX1030, TBS6903

LAV filters 0.74.1

Can also confirm having issues, freezing, hanging when changing channels, shutting down takes around 30 seconds

Not here to bash as I love your software just trying to give some feedback, could be a fault at my end

Its not as smooth as the previous version

Probably going to roll back to 0.5.1 which has been more or less perfect for me
gap30

Re: 0.5.3

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 am

Good day,

Sounds odd (seems to be running ok for most). This is with which device again? You have the same with the x86 build? Any idea what might be the cause? What device module are you using (bda.dev etc, if possible try a different one), if it's device related at all. Any non default directshow settings. Freezes perhaps might be related to enabling quick connection directshow settings. Do you have a smartdvb.log, perhaps there are clues there? You're using the default smartavsrc splitter? (LAV Splitter can be slower but you're talking about actual total app hangs or freezes for prolonged periods sometimes? If the latter this certainly can be LAV Splitter related?). Also try disabling SmartOSD if it's enabled to see if that might be the cause. Can you look at a current updated build exe to see if the issue still persists?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby gap30 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi thanks for the quick reply yes I am using LAV splitter although I leave that on its default setting as I dont really understand what purpose it serves

LAV video I use DIVA2 native

Device is TBS6903 and I am using blindscan.dev

Will try your suggestions and report back
gap30

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:56 pm

These LAV Splitter freezes should be addressed in the current builds i have since these were reported before, but the slower tuning with LAV Splitter will remain i think (LAV Splitter does not support true streaming directshow interfaces which makes the implementation difficult)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Support