Unable to hear ACC radio channel

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

Unable to hear ACC radio channel

Postby jordy33 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi, I have an issue trying to hear radio channels located in AMC 8 139W (Premiere Radio Networks Freq. 4110 V 7135 3/4 QPSK). This radio channels (103) are AAC encoded. When I tune a channel directly using smartdvb i can not hear anything. If I record any pid from the stream I can hear the playback perfectly using MPC (media player classic). If I use VLC for playing the record i can not hear anything.

I did some experiments with dvbviewer on the same channel/pid and i can hear the stream perfectly "live" and "record".
dvbviewer is using Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder for AAC audio decoder. If i change to other decoder like monogram, the playback stops. Meaning that only Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder is capable of playing the stream.

smartDVB is also using the Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder for AAC, but no sound is reproduced.
Well the issue is not able to play the radio stations "live" only if i record them i will hear the playback without issues.

I recorded a couple of minutes from the radio networks test channel its a ts.
here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ER9rrd3bbbVXJ3NzFJWlZRY2s/view
its only 2mb.

Maybe any one can help me, I love smartdvb and if some one can help me to configure/fix this issue i will appreciate it.

Thanks
jordy33

Re: Unable to hear ACC radio channel

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:41 pm

hi. Thanks for the report and record. I'm able to recreate what you mention. No sound while playing this as a dvb stream with sdvb, although the stream certainly is there i can i see it, just no sound with any aac decoder. Btw the aac decoder that works best with sdvb for some reason is divx aac decoder (which is also free so worth a try also), although it doesn't work for me with the provided .ts. I'll certainly have a look... tx..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby oldman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:27 pm

New Ac3Filter should support AAC. Maybe try that.

http://www.ac3filter.net/
oldman

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 pm

thanks for pointing that out. I have the current ac3filter. If i remember correctly the supplied aac transport stream sample had invalid timestamps when i looked at it, hence the problems, i don't think i was ble to get audio out of it even with ac3filter, only divx seemed to do sometime as mentioned i combination with sdvb.
Btw, you requested, the old, ffdecsa.dll integration didn't u? I added a settings options somewhere for this some time ago long before this beta release, not really tested that well...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby oldman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Btw, the AAC at 27.5W doesnt work with Ac3Filter in SmartDVB either.

And yes, many thanks, I'll test that soon.
oldman

Return to Bug Reports