Existing channels are always found as new channels

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

Existing channels are always found as new channels

Postby mzso » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 am

Hi!

I rescanned a frequency because I noticed that something was wrong. But instead of appearing in the changed section, they all appear in the new channels tab.
Even worse after I (accidentally) added these duplicate channels, doing another scan on the frequency, brings up all channels again as new.

One additional weirdness: After the duplicates were added selecting the old (favorited) channel was shown to be updated, because I saw different audio streams.
But after I removed the duplicated it was restored to its original state.
Filters: all LAV
Renderer: madVR.
mzso

Re: Existing channels are always found as new channels

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 pm

what frequency/sat was this on? Or otherwise a short record should suffice to check this out (full TS record would be best, otherwise don't forget to include PAT/PMT so i can scan it here).

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 pm

SmartDVB wrote:what frequency/sat was this on? Or otherwise a short record should suffice to check this out (full TS record would be best, otherwise don't forget to include PAT/PMT so i can scan it here).

best regards

You're far from clear. Do you mean the record feature within the analyze option within the scanner? Took a while to find it, if it is even what you wanted:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w0Vv9 ... RmiXvMGdRU

(It was 722Mhz, 6900 kS/s, 256QAM.)

PS:
I see no feature provided to check all checkboxes in the analyze window. It's morbidly inconvenient this way. Checking lots of checkboxes that jump around...
Filters: all LAV
Renderer: madVR.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks. I meant a normal transport stream recording (using the toolbar record button etc) or for full TS, 'tools > debug > record ts', which records all data. But the analyze record should also do the same (debug ts functionality exists much longer and for me is kind of a synonym for full ts recording).

I see no feature provided to check all checkboxes in the analyze window. It's morbidly inconvenient this way. Checking lots of checkboxes that jump around...

apologies for the inconvenience, i'll try to be more clearer next time, better use the record ts option. Adding an option there is an idea, but the analyze recording was meant more to record some specific PIDs (i added this by request if i remember correctly).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I checked the analyze recording you sent. Strangely enough when just scanning this in DVB file play mode i consistently get the same new channels. On subsequent scans i cannot update them since all parameters seem the same still for the scanner. This is testing on some default dvb-s frequency. So i suspect for some reason on subsequent scans the scanner sees different transponder (frequency/polarity/symbolrate/fec etc) values for your frequency list. Perhaps some bug related to non dvb-s devices etc.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports