The remaining time does not update on the OSD info

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

The remaining time does not update on the OSD info

Postby mzso » Fri May 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi!

I noticed that the remaining time only ever updates on channel change. So after a minute it's false and misleading.
Strangely the progress bar updates within a few seconds of openening the info, and the current time updates constantly between 1-2 seconds.

v0.5.2.22
Filters: all LAV
Renderer: madVR.
mzso

Re: The remaining time does not update on the OSD info

Postby SmartDVB » Fri May 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Good day,

I noticed that the remaining time only ever updates on channel change. So after a minute it's false and misleading.
Strangely the progress bar updates within a few seconds of openening the info, and the current time updates constantly between 1-2 seconds.

thanks, will look into this...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:07 am

Hmmm. Either the progressbar sometimes fails to update as well, or it also began to fail in a version after v0.5.2.22.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:19 pm

mmm. Either the progressbar sometimes fails to update as well, or it also began to fail in a version after v0.5.2.22.

osd code was optimized for efficiency (as it obviously was less efficient previously) hope you also noticed changes there when switching? Making it updateable again is no big deal as long as the app efficiency does not suffer.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:35 pm

SmartDVB wrote:
mmm. Either the progressbar sometimes fails to update as well, or it also began to fail in a version after v0.5.2.22.

osd code was optimized for efficiency (as it obviously was less efficient previously) hope you also noticed changes there when switching? Making it updateable again is no big deal as long as the app efficiency does not suffer.

I can't say about speed. It seemed adequately fast before, and I only use the info panel and volume osd.
(The resolutions isn't too appealing, particularly in comparison to the EPG which is much sharper, nicer. But at least it's not horribly blocky anymore.
PS: A realization just now: The info panel doesn't come up if I use the switch to previous channel feature. Unlike other modes of switching a channel)
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:34 pm

The resolutions isn't too appealing, particularly in comparison to the EPG which is much sharper, nicer. But at least it's not horribly blocky anymore.

scaling was improved somewhat here, image sizes could still be increased to make the scaling less noticeable...

PS: A realization just now: The info panel doesn't come up if I use the switch to previous channel feature. Unlike other modes of switching a channel)

true, had not noticed this before,thanks..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports