Smartdvb automatically creates huge .ts files

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

Smartdvb automatically creates huge .ts files

Postby dukati » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:12 pm

Greetings to all forum users. I have a big problem and I hope you can help me solve it. When using smartdvb version 0.5.1.38. in c: / huge .ts files are created with names starting with lw_ and then a number like lw_2068655861. These files also reach several gigabytes of size and fill my hard disk as well as being very demanding to erase because they require intensive use of the hard disk and therefore lead to a long consumption of the hard disk itself. If I open the files I can only see a little recording time, compared to the file size, and generally of channels that I haven't looked at but that maybe are on the same transponder as the channels I watched. I also noticed that the files may have different creation times than those in which I use smartdvb which is the only dvb software I use. I don't know if the problem is generated by the PIP function, which I never used anyway. The problem of creating .ts files does not occur however when I use an old version of Smartdvb vers. 0.1.5.0 used by me to operate my skystar USB satellite card. Unfortunately this old version crashes the PC if I try to use it with my USB digital terrestrial pen Eyetv T2 Lite. Both the old and the new version of Smartdvb are set to work with Law codecs. I have disabled the timeshift and I do not stream the channel signal, I use Smartdvb simply to watch the channels. I hope you can help me eliminate this problem of creating these huge .ts files. Thanks in advance to those who will help me. Under some screen shots with smartdvb and law codecs settings. I disabled the timeshift and I do not stream the Smartdvb use signal simply to watch the channels.
Attachments
Smartdvb-settings-2r.jpg
Smartdvb-settings-2r.jpg (243.81 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Smartdvb-settings-1RR.jpg
Smartdvb-settings-1RR.jpg (243.81 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
dukati

Re: Smartdvb automatically creates huge .ts files

Postby dahaka » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am

Settings --> Record --> Record Type --> mpg
Then Apply then OK then restart SDVB .
Windows 10 1703 X64
Smart DVB 0.5.X.X
Tevii DVBS2-S662 - driver 5.1.9.2
driver 5.1.8.5(the best but not work @ windows 10)
dahaka

Postby dukati » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Dahaka first of all thank you for your reply. Probably I haven't explained myself well, but my problem does not concern the size of the files created during the recording of a channel but it concerns the fact that when I simply watch a channel smartdvb automatically creates .ts files that do not contain a recording of the channel I am looking at but other channels present on the same transponder of the channel I watched. Furthermore the size of the file created autonomously by Smartdvb is ten times larger than that of a .ts file created when I register a channel with Smartdvb. As an example if I use SmartDVb for a couple of hours it creates a .ts file of 25/30 GB and does it autonomously, and with autonomous I mean without me pushing the button in SmartDVb to record the channel. This as you will understand is a problem because it soon fills my HD SSD and causes me problems in deleting such files, which being so large they take a lot of time to be deleted. I repeat that with the old version of Smartdvb the vers. 0.1.5.0 does not autonomously create these huge .ts files. Using with the old version of SmartDVB the same codecs that I use with the new one, the LAV, I don't think the problem depends on the codecs. Rather the problem could perhaps depend on the PIP function present only in the new version of SmartDVB, also considering the fact that in the files that are created there are recordings of the other channels present on the same trnsponder of the channel I watched. I also repeat that I have never used the PIP function. I would like to know if there is the possibility to completely disable the PIP function and which is the latest version of SmartDVB that does not have the PIP function and if that version supports my Eyetv T2 Lite. Thanks in advance to those who will help me.

P.s. Dahaka however I tried what you suggested but that only concerns the format of the files created when I start the recording of a channel and therefore has not solved the problem concerning the enormous .ts files created autonomously by SmartDVB when a simply watch a channel.
dukati

Postby dahaka » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 am

Uncheck :
1. Tools --> Settings --> picture in picture (pip) --> enabled timeshift
2. Tools --> Settings --> timeshift --> enabled timeshift

If that not help then compress the file settings.ini from SmartDVB\Settings and upload here .
Windows 10 1703 X64
Smart DVB 0.5.X.X
dahaka

Postby dukati » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Dahaka first of all thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I had already deselected those settings without solving my problem. I attach the compressed setting.ini file as required. Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
settings.rar
setting.ini compressed
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
dukati

Postby dahaka » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Did you try run SmartDVB.exe as admin ?
i tried your setting but didn't face your problem .
Windows 10 1703 X64
Smart DVB 0.5.X.X
dahaka

Return to Bug Reports