Disable screensaver shouldn't be active in renderless modes

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

Disable screensaver shouldn't be active in renderless modes

Postby mzso » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi!

I don't think it makes sense for the disable screensaver function to be active when SDVB is in renderless, or renderless video mode.

(I'd say the disable screensaver probably shouldn't be active in floating window mode either, which purpose is to have a small tv screen while you're otherwise use the computer. Can't think of a use case where it makes sense. Either you're using the computer, or you're away.)

I for example often leave my computer and don't think about SDVB running in the background in renderless mode, essentially in standby. Only notice that the screensaver didn't start and my screen has been showing the same image for a long time.
Filters: all LAV
Renderer: madVR.
mzso

Re: Disable screensaver shouldn't be active in renderless modes

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Good day,

I don't think it makes sense for the disable screensaver function to be active when SDVB is in renderless, or renderless video mode.

Sounds logical enough, i don't use the renderless option often myself (added by request some time ago). You can also perhaps temporarily disable the general 'disable screensaver' option when leaving the pc for now (hope that works:)).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:22 pm

SmartDVB wrote:Good day,

Sounds logical enough, i don't use the renderless option often myself (added by request some time ago). You can also perhaps temporarily disable the general 'disable screensaver' option when leaving the pc for now (hope that works:)).

Cool. I didn't respond, because apparently notifications weren't enabled for this topic.

I see you released a public beta recently. Did this make it? Are configuration files inter compatible with the x64 version and the old beta I have in x32?

Do you happen to have a detailed list of changes? Particularly from the beta I have (0.5.3.10) to now.

PS:
While I was writing this I realized (again) that writing the version number is a pain. A copy button would be nice. (Maybe even a copy "debug data" option the some apps have, which might include this system, plugin, data
)
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm

I see you released a public beta recently. Did this make it? Are configuration files inter compatible with the x64 version and the old beta I have in x32?

No but shouldn't be that hard to add.
The config files should be upgradable (i take care to use meaningful default values for all settings and ini files should be auto generated if not there at all even), so you can just copy your previous ini settings over a clean x64 or x86 portable folder, smartdvb.db and smarteit.db (also upgrades from older smartdvb.db should be done internally by the app, good test btw so you should be able to just drop in older .db files). Same goes of course for your old transponder list, just copy your transponders (don't forget to also copy your allsats.txt to the settings folder then). The test builds have a new transponders list btw for satellites so you might want to check that out first (although you don't use sat if i remember correctly). And the x64/x86 INI settings and SQLITE db's should just be inter compatible (same code).

PS:
While I was writing this I realized (again) that writing the version number is a pain. A copy button would be nice. (Maybe even a copy "debug data" option the some apps have, which might include this system, plugin, data

There are many little fixes/changes you'll have to check it.
For quick reporting and usage this is a nice idea. Currently the error reporting (tools > send application report) would show most of the relevant info to me (you can also save such reports to disk), but i agree this is not useful for quick pasting on forums etc.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Okay. I upgraded.
SmartDVB wrote:(i take care to use meaningful default values for all settings and ini files should be auto generated if not there at all even

Maybe they shouldn't even be there in the package? This way I can't upgrade the program like I do with all others that come in an archive package (portable or not), by simply copying from the archive and overwriting everything that's in the folder.

What annoyances I so far noticed that remain are the floating window getting unmovable on channel change and the gaps in audio when the app transitions between window states.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:26 am

Maybe they shouldn't even be there in the package? This way I can't upgrade the program like I do with all others that come in an archive package (portable or not), by simply copying from the archive and overwriting everything that's in the folder.

Good idea, will check if this doesn't break anything. This is what beta's are for.

What annoyances I so far noticed that remain are the floating window getting unmovable on channel change and the gaps in audio when the app transitions between window states.

unmovable floating window has been looked at , is it at least better now? Under which circumstances do you still experience this most?. I just checked MadVR seems there's more of a little delay when going to windowed mode compared to fullscreen mode, i'll look at this.

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:49 pm

There's a weird MDAPIHost window appearing, started by SmartDVB. With some sort of log in it.

SmartDVB wrote:unmovable floating window has been looked at , is it at least better now?

No change for a long while now. (several months) If I change channels when the floating window is snapped to a corner I have to move the mouse cursor more than half a screen to get the window to move.
And it looks like this glitched state persists. After I unsnap and snap a window again, the issue is still there. In this state the window can be similarly hard to move if it's partially outside the screen or to a lesser degree if it's just near an edge. (The location of the taskbar doesn't seem to be a factor)

It seem like the top and left edges are immune to this for some reason. But even if the window is snapped to these edges the glitch still happens I just have to move the floating window to the problematic edges locations.

The issue of not being able to snap to the screen edge when the taskbar is at that side is still present. The window can only be snapped to the taskbar edge in this case. Not sure if you intended to enhance this.

SmartDVB wrote: I just checked MadVR seems there's more of a little delay when going to windowed mode compared to fullscreen mode, i'll look at this.

Perhaps, but I guess delays always happen. But I think it's just unusual for audio to be affected by changes in the video. Other multimedia apps that I can get my hands on right now (mpv, potplayer, VLC) continuously play the audio while the transition occurs between windowed and full screen.

The one other thing I saw since last time is the old EPG nuisance: When I start SDVB the next day only channels that I watched last time will have EPG data for some minutes. Not sure how much the service provider is at fault, because I don't have a good TV to test with. (Only a bad one, a Philips which has more annoying EPG bugs of its own.)

Edit:
Also, the OSD progressbar for the TV program still doesn't seem to be updating. Unless I switch channels.
mzso

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm

There's a weird MDAPIHost window appearing, started by SmartDVB. With some sort of log in it.

you can disable this for the x64 build in the general settings.

No change for a long while now. (several months) If I change channels when the floating window is snapped to a corner I have to move the mouse cursor more than half a screen to get the window to move.
And it looks like this glitched state persists. After I unsnap and snap a window again, the issue is still there. In this state the window can be similarly hard to move if it's partially outside the screen or to a

I see, are you sure this isn't related to the OSD. Is this MadVR specific or independent of renderer? If you disable OSD does this behavior change? For me , in general, after the tune succeeds or fails the floating window is normally moveable unless the OSD interferes somehow (I cannot quickly click away the initial channel info OSD which is a quirk i only see with MadVR only for some reason).

Also, the OSD progressbar for the TV program still doesn't seem to be updating. Unless I switch channels.

actually this was looked at, i see the code was updated but i should have verified it better (good thing this is a beta then)..

best regards
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mzso » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:28 pm

SmartDVB wrote:you can disable this for the x64 build in the general settings.

I see. What is its purpose?
SmartDVB wrote:I see, are you sure this isn't related to the OSD. Is this MadVR specific or independent of renderer? If you disable OSD does this behavior change? For me , in general, after the tune succeeds or fails the floating window is normally moveable unless the OSD interferes somehow (I cannot quickly click away the initial channel info OSD which is a quirk i only see with MadVR only for some reason).

Don't think it's OSD related, but it doesn't seem to happen with EVR right now as I tried it.
mzso

Return to Bug Reports