i think it's Diseq issue

Here you can report any bugs/problems you encounter

i think it's Diseq issue

Postby Mario1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 pm

- what os you're using: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- what type of card you're using (which driver u selected): Tevii s660->bda
- what settings you changed from default settings: codecs(lav).
- what version of smartdvb you are using: 3.5

Hello Guys,,,,these were the information that was required from read before posting thread
i have a problem with smartdvb,,,,what i basically have is: 2 outlet LNB connected to 2 Diseq(4 port each) and one of them connected to my Tevii s660 and of course that's connected to my pc with the last Drivers i could find
and the other Diseq is connected to the TV
am located in Egypt so i'm having 2 satelites that iam connecting to which are Nilesat and Hotbird
i have no problems whatsoever with nilesat,,,but for the hotbird am having so much troubles
1st i couldn't really get smartdvb to scan the hotbird,,and i have no idea what happened then it suddenly did scan the right hotbird chanells
2nd after it really worked for a couple of minutes the pic freezed so i restarted the app and the hotbird channel is not working and not showing anything this time!!! the bars on the bottom are having signal and am sure that it's a working channel
so nothing showing up
i have tried to mess with the device settings-diseq settings-frequencies and selected florian instead of bda
still NOTHING IS WORKING on the Hotbird now,,,,but everything is working just fine with Nilesat
i believe it's something has to do with the Diseq but i have no idea what is it exactly
i need your Help
Mario1

Re: i think it's Diseq issue

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi,

tevii diseqc should be supported. First check if tevii is selected as device (tools > device settings > device type > TeVii) for bda.dev.
Sounds like you have a single commited 4 port diseqc connected to your tevii device on the PC am i right?
You should look at the diseqc settings for your switch at 'frequency > add/edit frequency lists'. Then select the configured frequency list (hotbird or nilesat in your situation) and select 'settings'.
Then try the 4 combinations of commited diseqc for your switch to see if and which one works for hotbird if you have not done so already, depending on what diseqc port is connected to a specific lnb (nilesat or hotbird) you might need to select a different commited diseqc lnb1 to lnb4.

SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Mario1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:38 am

SmartDVB wrote:Hi,

tevii diseqc should be supported. First check if tevii is selected as device (tools > device settings > device type > TeVii) for bda.dev.
Sounds like you have a single commited 4 port diseqc connected to your tevii device on the PC am i right?
You should look at the diseqc settings for your switch at 'frequency > add/edit frequency lists'. Then select the configured frequency list (hotbird or nilesat in your situation) and select 'settings'.
Then try the 4 combinations of commited diseqc for your switch to see if and which one works for hotbird if you have not done so already, depending on what diseqc port is connected to a specific lnb (nilesat or hotbird) you might need to select a different commited diseqc lnb1 to lnb4.

Hello :)
Thank you so much for your replay
well,,,,,i have some updates and some more information
i'll start with the information first,,,but before the information i would like to answer your Question "Sounds like you have a single commited 4 port diseqc connected to your tevii device on the PC am i right?" YES i have that Diseqc connected to my pc and there's another Diseq connected to the same LNBS and that's going the living room with the tv and receiver(just if that makes any diff)
anyway the information are ....i have done exactly what you mentioned in that comment and still not working except from one part which is choosing USALS in positioner settings as shown in the pic
and i have the nilesat on (diseqc -port1) and the hotbird on (diseq port 3)

the updates is,,,,,i got the HOTBIRD to work but it's still so MESSY and not working properly
whats happening is that i can't go to hot bird directly,,,,i have to go to nilesat channel first and stay on it for more than 10 mins and ONLY THEN i can go to a hotbird channel and it will work
other than that,,,it wont work

so simply whats happening is,,,,,,let's say am on BBC channel on hotbird and i closed the application for whatever reason,,,when i launch the application the next time,hotbird channels won't work and i will have to go on a nilesat channel for like 10mins or so and then go to any hotbird chanell and it will work fine and i can stay on hotbird channels all day long with no problems!!(i found this trick by coincident)
it's really weird i can't really understand whats happening ??? :D
Mario1

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:06 pm

this certainly sounds weird and is not common. If you don't have a positioner you shouldn't be using usals or other positioner settings. Probably by some fluke it does something. Are you absolutely sure you're using bda.dev and not bdas.dev (tools > devices), although bdas.dev should also work fine with basic tevii diseqc (toneburst unsupported btw, which you don't have anyhow).
What are your diseqc settings 'tools > settings > diseqc'. For commited diseqc it's sometimes crucial that the option' send diseqc on each transponder change' is enabled. This option should be enabled by default so this might only be a problem if you've modified default diseqc settings.
Have you tried all different combinations of possible 'lnb' commited diseqc settings. You have two lnb's connected to a 4 port diseqc, so make sure you try all possible combinations for each satellite.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby dooori » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

i got the HOTBIRD to work but it's still so MESSY and not working properly
whats happening is that i can't go to hot bird directly,,,,i have to go to nilesat channel first and stay on it for more than 10 mins and ONLY THEN i can go to a hotbird channel and it will work?
dooori

Return to Bug Reports