- Multiple devices support
16%
- DVB subtitles
8%
- Better md-api compatibility
2%
- custom SDK for module creation to access SmartDVB functionality
6%
- Some kind of streaming functionality (like UDP for vlc or anything else, suggestions?)
6%
- other, please post :-)
34%

Total votes : 50

Re: POLL: What feature do you want most

Postby dahaka » Fri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm

LAV filter also support 4:2:2
Windows 10 1703 X64
Smart DVB 0.5.X.X
Tevii DVBS2-S662 - driver 5.1.9.2
driver 5.1.8.5(the best but not work @ windows 10)
dahaka

Postby WGschalk » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Support for Radio-function esp. of combined DVB-T/DAB+/FM-Sticks
It is very hard to find good software for the DAB+ and FM-Radio-usage of those combined sticks.
In many cases the stick comes with the software TotalMedia by ArcSoft, or some other software with very, very little functionality for DAB+ and FM-Radio. (No timer-recordings, no direct-encoding of FM to MP3, etc., complicated switching between TV and Radio)

Wishes for "SmartDVB+DAB+FM":
- Tuning and listening to DAB+/FM-Radio
- Recording as stream (DAB+) or encoded as MP3 etc. (FM)
- Timer-Recording (something hardly any other software provides)

Of course this radio-features would increase the need for another feature:

Conflict-handling for overlapping/conflicting record-timers.
Maybe some kind of warning-message and/or a priority-system, so that SmartDVB always knows if one recording should be stopped to be able to start another one...
WGschalk

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 am

@WGschalk: noted. Some form of DAB radio has been requested before and i would like to look into that if possible..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Nierewa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Recording the same channel with time overlapping.

Regarding to my Post: Here
I want to take two recordings without loosing 1-2 sec between the recordings.

Recording two different channels on same frequency and same time works perfekt so why not this one?
Nierewa

Postby sickboy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am

Hmm.. was about to ask for expanded streaming functionality via non-smartdvb clients when I realized it may already be included lol. Will post back...
sickboy

Postby sickboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 am

My bad. I realized by switching the Server to ALL sats I could read the entire list on the clients. I presume that will allow diseqc switching of sats (as defined on the server) but I have a stb that currently controls dish movement, at least for now.
sickboy

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

I presume that will allow diseqc switching of sats (as defined on the server

Yes this would be so, you wont get client side status messages or alike when switching the sats but it should work rather transparently according to your server settings
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby pierangelo74 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:15 pm

First of all, thanks for this piece of art and Hi to Everyone.

It's my first post, I have a skystar HD 2 usb CI and I use this software for T2-mi on 40 east C band.

If I am not asking too much:
- I will be happy to have subtitles (present in teletext) easily activable from the screen or directly settings and choosing the page and font/cyrillic.

Subtitles must be on screen (over images) and not on a page opened aside on black.

Then, is it possible to use this software as WEB Interface -Enigma 2 - and maybe the possibility to use it as server ( tvheadend) to watch my TV channels around the world.

Thanks
Pierangelo
pierangelo74

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi,

I will be happy to have subtitles (present in teletext) easily activable from the screen or directly settings and choosing the page and font/cyrillic.

at the moment you can set the subtitle with 'channels > teletext subtitles' or by using the smartosd upper video popup menu. The teletext subtitles should be shown over the video (perhaps you need to enable the vmr osd for things to work will, haven't looked at teletext subtitle procesing lately). I'll see in the future about adding teletext subtitles to the current dvb subtitles which are shown in the video context menu. You should be able to select a cyrillic font from the teletext context menu (if this does not work let me know). I've made a note about setting codepages automatically there which is not done at the moment.

Then, is it possible to use this software as WEB Interface -Enigma 2 - and maybe the possibility to use it as server ( tvheadend) to watch my TV channels around the world.

You could use HTTP streaming to stream to a client. Either using a SmartDVB instance setup as a client or other HTTP capable clients. For this you need to enable servermode and http streaming. There are also some undocumented server calls to get m3u lists (favorites etc). See this forum thread for more information http://smartdvb.net/bb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1379.

best regards,
jack
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby daveondisc » Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 am

Great software, I don't use anything else!

Would it be possible to....

1. add the video type 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 etc. to the channel properties window
2. add the Fec next to symbol rate at the bottom of the main screen when it currently shows the freq and channel name.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
daveondisc

Postby SmartDVB » Sat May 13, 2017 8:37 pm

add the video type 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 etc. to the channel properties window

Not sure if this is always possible in a trivial form. I get 4:2:2 information from the actual stream which is not always available beforehand from the PMT and such, after scanning channels (but workarounds are always possible of course, once tuned one time this could be saved for viewing, but after initial scanning this might be difficult atm (without modifying the scanner extensively to also parse the video stream somewhat)

add the Fec next to symbol rate at the bottom of the main screen when it currently shows the freq and channel name.

sure, this one is trivial :)

thanks for the feedback always appreciated,
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Cham » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:16 pm

+ Would be nice to be able to update the .ini file after blind scanning. Maybe a button that will add current blind scan data to existing .ini satellite file so there is an option of doing this, rather than having a seperate .ini and .bs file for each sat.

+ A remote signal meter for andriod/IOS devices. TCP/IP connection to SmartDVB for portable device so you can monitor signal levels while outside adjusting the dish etc.

This is my most used and complete software so far. Keep up the great work!
Cham

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 am

@cham noted about the blindscan frequencies. First thing that comes to mind is perhaps using the current scanner sync for this

I've thought about some kind of portable meter option before, just not had enough time to work such things out, i would opt for some http interface instead of tcp/ip, less issues with firewalls etc this worked out quite well with the client/server functionality

Thanks we do our best here in wooden land)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Cham » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 pm

I'll have to look for the "scanner sync", maybe I am not seeing this on the main screen or haven't played with it yet.

HTTP interface foe meter functionality would be fine, can't see any drawbacks there.

Thanx JJ!

SmartDVB wrote:@cham noted about the blindscan frequencies. First thing that comes to mind is perhaps using the current scanner sync for this

I've thought about some kind of portable meter option before, just not had enough time to work such things out, i would opt for some http interface instead of tcp/ip, less issues with firewalls etc this worked out quite well with the client/server functionality

Thanks we do our best here in wooden land)
Cham

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 pm

I'll have to look for the "scanner sync", maybe I am not seeing this on the main screen or haven't played with it yet.

it's not on the main screen, but on the normal scanner dialog. The sync button to synchronize the current frequency list with other frequency sources.

regards..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions