Scanning Transponder List

Here you can talk about features you would like to see in future releases

Scanning Transponder List

Postby sickboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

Minor thing I noticed when first scanning the preloaded transponder lists.. the scanner doesn't take into account the LNB settings you've made for the satellite, ie it scans the ku transponders even if you are set up for c band. I assume the converse is also true.

Yes I use the "Select Frequencies Under #" dialog just thought it would be good for the program to discern the users intent in this regard.
sickboy

Re: Scanning Transponder List

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm

You should be able to add a seperate c-band lnb to the satellite settings, make sure you enter a frequency range for which the c-band lnb should be used.

Others prefer to add a seperate .ini file to the transponders folder. For the latter add a satellite ini entry to allsats.txt in the settings folder and place the seperate c-band ini in the transponders folder, just make sure you enter a unique id in the allsats.txt file corresponding to the ini file you add/create

Br
jj
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sickboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:55 pm

I think you misunderstand me.

Let's say you are tracking the arc only in the ku band with no c band at all. When you set the lnb for ku then go the Channels/Scan current Frequency list the scanner presents you with a list of all known frequencies for that sat and will scan c band frequencies if you don't manually uncheck them. However, the program knows by your entry you have no c band at all.

My point was those frequencies unavailable to you due to user defined input in LNB Settings should be unchecked by the program by default.

Like I said, a small annoyance but easy enough to confuse a new user like myself who sits through scans of frequencies he can never lock to :D

Now, until you mentioned it I did not really take notice of the lower portion of the LNB settings where you can add an lnb to the position. I read previously it was not possible to set a c band and ku band lnb to the same sat position without editing .ini files. Is this new to the program ? When the weather clears I hope to be tracking both bands across the visible arc.
sickboy

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:04 am

I understand the scanner could uncheck or skip scanning obvious LNB type out of range frequencies by default.

These lower LNB settings have been there before these (0.5.0) versions for some time, so somewhat tested and should work. The help file needs an update too i guess, so much to do so little time.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions