Start in Renderless mode?

Here you can talk about features you would like to see in future releases

Start in Renderless mode?

Postby 1badtwo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 am

It this possible with a command line switch or making the render-less setting stay on after the program closes and re-opens? In AltDVB you could run ALTDVB.exe /NOVID I believe. Anything like this I'm just missing? I mainly use SmartDVB for UDP streaming, not often do I sit in front of the PC and actually watch there.

Thanks you! Wonderful program by the way! I hope to see more development this year!
1badtwo

Re: Start in Renderless mode?

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 pm

cmd line's not possible but i'll see to add a 'general' option for this (been contemplating this anyhow coz i felt the need for it myself some time ago)...
new public beta's should be released soon, the tsts r at almost final stage...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby 1badtwo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Awesome thank you sir! Any possibility of HTTP control of the EPG? Would great to be able to remote schedule recordings while I am work. I think a long time ago in mytheatre I could use a plugin called ANTEPG and accomplish that. Or is there a MD-API plugin already made that would have that capability?
1badtwo

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm

not possible atm (that i know about also not mdapi) but i'll keep it at mind for the future should not be that difficult to provide simple http access i'll look at antepg remember the name but never looked at it myself...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby waleed121 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:40 am

station list font size is a small oversight, it's hardcoded to 32 bmp pixels now nd the images r scaled guess that's what causes the fuzzyness. I'll alter the code to use actual bmp sizes to draw then nd send you a tst.
aliiii
waleed121

Postby Frost85 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am

Great!

Renderless mode with HTTP support for TS receive using channel parameter can be very intersting for running SmartDVB as headend server!

Please, add this! :D
Frost85

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:16 pm

smartexec.exe does have a /renderless option now (smartdvb.exe should also process this). This simply does not process video internally. 0.4.0.12 also added the 'renderless' video renderer, it might be better to also use the renderless video renderer with the '/renderless' switch.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Frost85 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:30 pm

SmartDVB wrote:smartexec.exe does have a /renderless option now (smartdvb.exe should also process this). This simply does not process video internally. 0.4.0.12 also added the 'renderless' video renderer, it might be better to also use the renderless video renderer with the '/renderless' switch.

Great to know! :lol:

Thank you!
Frost85

Return to Suggestions