Resizing and Window Snapping Floating and PIP windows

Here you can talk about features you would like to see in future releases

Resizing and Window Snapping Floating and PIP windows

Postby YagiBear » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Currently, windows snap to the edges of the screen. Please add support for snapping windows to each other.

In addition, there's something odd when you resize the main floating window or one of the PIP windows by grabbing them either in the top left or top right corner: the result is a mixture of resizing and moving.

When a window is snapped to the top, bottom, left or right of screen and you resize by dragging the opposite edge - it remains snapped to the edge. Very nice! But when a window is snapped to a corner of the screen (for example, the bottom right corner) and you resize by dragging the left or top edge it' grows in the "wrong" directions forcing you to move the window afterwords.

If you'll add snapping while resizing - that would be great.

All this would help setting up a PIP layout easier.
(More PIP requests/suggestion to follow)
SmartDVB v0.5.1.38 / Windows 10 Pro version 1803
Intel i5 3470 / 8G DDR3 / GeForce GTX660 / Mini USB DVB-T IT9135 BDA Filter (bda.dev)
Israel.Central (6 TV/12 Radio), H.264 & AAC/LATM ; MS DTV-DVD (EVR & default DirectSound) / DirectX 12
YagiBear

Re: Resizing and Window Snapping Floating and PIP windows

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Currently, windows snap to the edges of the screen. Please add support for snapping windows to each other.

noted i'll check if this is not time consuming to implement (not very high priority though).. I presume this would only be for existing smartdvb windows (most useful for multiple PIP windows i presume)..

n addition, there's something odd when you resize the main floating window or one of the PIP windows by grabbing them either in the top left or top right corner: the result is a mixture of resizing and moving.

this might be coupled to the 'resize to aspect' mode (which is always used for PIP, but settable for floating window). There's some logic there to enforce the current aspect ratio with such resizes. I agree it's kind of odd now, so i'll make sure to check that..

When a window is snapped to the top, bottom, left or right of screen and you resize by dragging the opposite edge - it remains snapped to the edge. Very nice! But when a window is snapped to a corner of the screen (for example, the bottom right corner) and you resize by dragging the left or top edge it' grows in the "wrong" directions forcing you to move the window afterwords.

I'm not able to reproduce such it seems. For me when snapped to such corners it seems to resize correct, might this be due to some system settings or such? I'll recheck though.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby YagiBear » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 pm

SmartDVB wrote:

I'm not able to reproduce such it seems. For me when snapped to such corners it seems to resize correct, might this be due to some system settings or such? I'll recheck though.

I didn't expect it'd be tricky to recreate, so more detail is in order:
It work correctly (=as expected) when a PIP is snapped to the top left corner).
If a window is snapped to the top right corner, resizing from the bottom edge demonstrates the problem. Resizing from the left edge works correctly.
If a window is snapped to the bottom right corner, resizing from either the top or left edge shows that weird behavior.
If a window is snapped to the bottom left corner, resizing from the right edge is weird. Resizing from the top works OK.
Intel i5 3470 / 8G DDR3 / GeForce GTX660 / Mini USB DVB-T IT9135 BDA Filter (bda.dev)
Israel.Central (6 TV/12 Radio), H.264 & AAC/LATM ; MS DTV-DVD (EVR & default DirectSound) / DirectX 12
YagiBear

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:08 pm

understood, for a moment i thought you didn't refer to pip there.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby YagiBear » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 pm

SmartDVB wrote:understood, for a moment i thought you didn't refer to pip there.

Well, title did say PIP :geek:
YagiBear

Return to Suggestions