Timeshift location

Here you can talk about features you would like to see in future releases

Timeshift location

Postby Thoni » Sun May 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Hello again!

Default location can be in RAM since it's only 100 MiB. It would save users SSD 8-)

Thank you for time and great app.
Thoni

Re: Timeshift location

Postby SmartDVB » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi,
this has been requested before, doesn't have a high priority for me tbh. I get the ssd argument though. Isn't it possible to use a ram-disk for some form of ram timeshift in the meantime? I agree the latter is not elegant and integration within the app would be better, it is on my todo list but until now other things got my priority, i'll see if there might be some easy method to implement this.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Thoni » Mon May 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I get the ssd argument though. Isn't it possible to use a ram-disk for some form of ram timeshift in the meantime? I agree the latter is not elegant and integration within the app would be better
not a problem for me, but many users are probably not aware of that option...(maybe to disable/warn it when SSD detected?)
Thoni

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 28, 2014 7:20 pm

noted, like mentioned it's on the todo list, also noted your ssd comment (although I myself use ssd but don't really worry about the longevity of the ssd, I read that in real day to day use ssd lifespan is not something you should really worry about, especially with the never ssd generations, anandtech if I remember correctly). I never looked at detecting ssd hd types programmatically, but I presume it shouldn't be that difficult..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions