0.4.5 beta1: Bugs

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

0.4.5 beta1: Bugs

Postby sn0 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm

- Scheduler is empty after update to 0.4.5 beta1. New Tasks won't show up in list. Existing Tasks are still executed.

- "Help-> About SmartDVB..." is showing wrong/old version number (v0.4.0.24 beta1 test). Splash Screen shows: 0.4.5 beta1.

- Subtitles are shown twice. Seems that TTX and DVB Subtitles are shown always together.
- Turning on DVB-Subtitles in Fullscreen, then go back to Windows screen: Application Drawing is not updated.
- Subtitles are not delayed while using Timeshift (old bug).

- Update notifier would be nice (Like Firefox or Windows10 with a stable-release-channel and a beta-channel)
Attachments
smartdvb_subtitles.jpg
smartdvb_subtitles.jpg (250.46 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
sn0

Re: 0.4.5 beta1: Bugs

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:04 pm

- Scheduler is empty after update to 0.4.5 beta1. New Tasks won't show up in list. Existing Tasks are still executed.

yes indeed scheduler has been modified and older scheduled items are not compatible, i've added an 'import pre 0.4.5 scheduled task' button to the scheduler settings to try to resolve this issue.

[quote][/- Subtitles are shown twice. Seems that TTX and DVB Subtitles are shown always together.quote]
teletext and dvb subtitles are rendered seperately so you should be able to turn either teletext or dvb subtitles off?? If otherwise it's a bug i'll have to investigate.
Btw also normal dvb subtitles can be shown double (by either smartosd or the legacy osd, again you should turn off one or the other in such case). I still have to clean this up a bit and perhaps set some priorities so no double subtitles are shown if so required.

[quote][/ Subtitles are not delayed while using Timeshift (old bug). quote]
noted i'll take a look at this.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sn0 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:32 pm

SmartDVB wrote:teletext and dvb subtitles are rendered seperately so you should be able to turn either teletext or dvb subtitles off?? If otherwise it's a bug i'll have to investigate.

hmm, yes. Now at looking at it again it seems that not the txt and dvb subtitles are shown together (dvb subtitles have black background).

It looks more like that there is a 3rd rendering thing with a grey background: The one for Teletext Subtitles which you can activate via Menu "Channel -> Teletext Subtitle". (Try it with Page 150 on german public channels like "Das Erste")

If i activate the TXT subtitles via Menu it works fine.
If i add the "Page 150" to the TXT-"Elementary Stream" Setting in the Channel-Properties Window and then activate via OSD: The Subs are shown twice again.

TXT = Transparent background
TXT-weird = Grey background.
DVB = Black background.

______
Thanks for your awesome work! SmartDVB is great software :)
sn0

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes indeed, seems you're right. I had forgottten about this (don't use teletext much myself), but it's actually ttx subtitles that are shown twice, once from the old legacy VMR/EVR (with gray background, but true ttx color representation which is missing from the SOSD teletext implementation at this moment, might be why i left this there btw) osd and once from smartosd. If you disable sosd you only see the 'ttx-weird'. I'll see about fixing this anomaly :)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Beta Testing