twinhan/azurewave testers

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

twinhan/azurewave testers

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

I want to test out some issues some people seem to be having with these card types (skystar hd2 especially it seems) concerning diseqc and ci and such. so if you have this card and have these issues let me know and i'll send you some bda.dev test versions...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Re: twinhan/azurewave testers

Postby Frozen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm

I have no issue with diseqc and don't know about CI as I don't have a one

SkyStar HD2
Frozen

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:35 am

Hmm okay. It looks like the problems might be with commited diseqc, probably not raw diseqc so maybe you're using that?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Frozen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Indeed, I use commited diseqc, and here's my related settings:

Device Settings: Twhinhan mode
Diseqc options: send on each channel
Frozen

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:00 pm

hi frozen thanks for looking into this. I'll send you some test versions through mail to test if you want...
regards,
jack
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mdpa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 am

I also have a skystar HD2 and a Moteck SG-2100 dish motor
mdpa

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:11 am

Are you both running xp also?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mdpa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:58 pm

XP and windows 7
mdpa

Postby Frozen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Win 7 64bit
Frozen

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm

frozen: the last bda.dev i sent to you still works okay for your ss hd2 card concerning diseqc etc? (I made some propertyset changes there which hopefully will be more compatible with more twinhan/azurewave cards)...
jack
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Frozen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Yes, it's work fine
Frozen

Postby Frozen » Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Maybe last 2 months I just watched two channels (HD), but now I watch more FTA channels and I noticed a lot of glitches. I tried "direct tuning" and result is more than good, but it just work with one transponder!! Any idea?!
Frozen

Postby SmartDVB » Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 pm

hi frozen, please try the latest beta 4, some changes there for twinhan/azurewave diseqc and also commited diseqc switches in general..
jack
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby The_SMB » Tue May 10, 2011 4:15 am

Hi jack
I have skystar HD2 on Win7 with latest driver from technisat, and I have some problems with diseq and DVB-S2I'll try Beta 4 and send you my feedback soon
thank you for the release of beta 4 hopping all the best for you
regards
The_SMB

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 10, 2011 12:27 pm

okay let me know if it works, there are various twinhan specific settings in bda.dev device settings now, try them out if at first you don't succeed and ifso let me know which settings work for your card and i'll hardcode them (after you send me bda.log)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby The_SMB » Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Dear Jack,
My freind rawDVB had tested the lasted beta 4 on his skystar 2 rev. 2.3 cards, the cards on the device with beta 4 did not work properly and during scanning he could not get the exact channel names.
Since his card has been worked perfectly with older version of smart like ver. 0.1.0 Alfa, I told him to use skystar2.dev that supplied with smartdvb ver 0.1.0 Alfa with smartdvb beta 4 after copying the device inside devices folder, he get a very excellent results and the program works very very fine for him.

please can you include the older version of skystar.dev (that supplied with smartdvb ver 0.1.0 alfa) with the new version of smart you can name it as SS2olddev.dev.
or instead of that if you can compile a device for skystar 2 that works with all types of cards old and new one (rev 2.3 uptill rev. 2.8)

you can see the codec settings that works perfect

see the differnce in search and channel names between new skystar.dev and old one (old one works fine)

see this problem with videos with new skystar.dev (current beta 4 device)

this is the old SkyStar_dev that supplied with smartDVB ver 0.1.0 alfa
http://www.mediafire.com/?df5gdh7pd44mj7t

best regards
The_SMB

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 pm

@smb: okay thanks, i'll look at the skystar code, only thing i changed recently was the lock retry code which seemed to make the skystar hd work better for some users it seems, can i send you some test skystar.dev files?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Frozen » Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Florian device seems more stable, I'm trying settings randomly as I don't know what every option do for really :oops:

This is my settings for now, one thing I noticed is some channels are quick and some are not ( but still not bad )

Frozen

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 pm

frozen: yes i understand they're more debug options for me to try to figure out what settings are apropriate for which twinhan/azurewave cards as i've had conflicting reports in the past. If you have the best settings that work for you let me know which they are and also which diseqc settings you use (commited/uncommited/toneburst etc), and send me your bda.log so i'll know the device string..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm

@frozen: btw if you have a commited switch you can try seeing if turning off the 'send diseqc on each transponder change' off/on to see if things change, or are faster without that setting but still work with your switch...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby The_SMB » Wed May 11, 2011 12:28 am

dear Jack

as regard skystar.dev yes it will be my pleasure if you send me some .dev tests devices.

Regarding my skystar HD2 I/ve use florian device with this settings
[CONFIG]
device=1
8psk=2
bdatune=0
rolloff=0
pilot=0
twinhanforce=1
twinhantoneburst=0
twinhancommited=0

I am using a committed diseq with 2 sat port1 and port 2 and vise versa
using the above settings when I trried to search channels I got a flip, i.e. smartdvb scan and found channels on sat of port1 when I scan a sat of port2 and vise versa

but when I am using a ready channels list it works very fine for me even with DVB-S2 channels

please find bda.log

with my best regards
Attachments
bda.rar
skystar HD2 floria bda.log with commited diseq of 2 sat
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
The_SMB

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 am

@the_smb: there's something odd in that bda.log you sent me (it seems to work by chance because twinhan_lnb call is made which probably also sets diseqc). I don't see any actual diseqc commands being sent? How is your diseqc configured in the sat settings? If this is all okay (so commited 1 port 1 etc) then please send me smartdvb.log and also bda.log after startup and maybe a small scan. Can you check if your bda.dev is a new date just to be sure the old version has been replaced?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby The_SMB » Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 am

SmartDVB wrote:@the_smb: there's something odd in that bda.log you sent me (it seems to work by chance because twinhan_lnb call is made which probably also sets diseqc). I don't see any actual diseqc commands being sent? How is your diseqc configured in the sat settings? If this is all okay (so commited 1 port 1 etc) then please send me smartdvb.log and also bda.log after startup and maybe a small scan. Can you check if your bda.dev is a new date just to be sure the old version has been replaced?

Thank you for reply
I am quite sure from my diseq settings an satillite settings, also the date of creation of bda.dev is 9 may 2011.
committed port 1 is for 4W commited port 2 is for 13E

also smartdvb some time encuntred an error when I close it the error log also attached inside the rar file
please find attached my logs
Attachments
SmartDvb.rar
log
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
The_SMB

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 am

@smb: please make sure as i said with frozen to turn the 'send diseqc on each transonder change' option on, i think you have this set to off and this is needed for correct commited switches operation. Report if this helps i will send you an updated skystar.dev later today..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 pm

@smb: i've sent you an email (to you yahoo address you have registered here) with a new skystar.dev
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby The_SMB » Wed May 11, 2011 12:54 pm

SmartDVB wrote:@smb: please make sure as i said with frozen to turn the 'send diseqc on each transonder change' option on, i think you have this set to off and this is needed for correct commited switches operation. Report if this helps i will send you an updated skystar.dev later today..

Thank you very mich it works fine for me after setting 'send diseqc on each transonder change' option on, .

another issue when trying to install it the setup file require to downolad Visual C++ 2010 resources, after downloading the setup terminated because it found an earler version of Visual C++ 2010 resources installed inside computer, the ver of Visual C++ 2010 resourcesis that smart setup dowloading were 10.0.30319.1 while we have installed inside our computers the ver 10.0.40219.1, please you can fix this problem by adding the latest ver of Visual C++ 2010 resources to smartdvb setup file.

Can you please add LAV audio filter to the filters inside smart
Lav Audio Decoder
CLSID={E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}

another issue: when I treid to delete a whole group from channel list (like a provider, sat, or freq, grouped with green arrow) I do right click then delet a message appear asking do you want to delet 1 channel, then nothing will deleted.

Best regards
Attachments
unled1ef.jpg
unled1ef.jpg (49.97 KiB) Viewed 21867 times
The_SMB

Postby The_SMB » Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 pm

SmartDVB wrote:@smb: i've sent you an email (to you yahoo address you have registered here) with a new skystar.dev

Thank you I've recieved it
Now testing it
regards
The_SMB

Postby SmartDVB » Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm

@smb: i think as of now you will not need to install any redistributable but should be able to just install the msi. I left the installation of the redistributable still in the setup just in case some users has problems on their system and needed this. If alls okay i'll simply remove the redistributable install in the actual release...
I will add that audio decoder, don't know it is it any good?
Deleting on upper tree nodes is not implemented. You can simply expand the channel list and select all the channels with ctrl-click or shift-click and you will be able to select ranges of channels or even the entire channel list and remove it like this..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Beta Testing