Scheduled recording problem

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

Scheduled recording problem

Postby icur12 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:33 am

I think I have figured out why scheduled recordings save junk sometimes. The diseqc # needs to be included in the scheduling header that is created.

Dn pro lnbs use 3 dishes with diseqc 1,2 and 3. If the program is on the lnb that uses diseqc 1, then it saves the program ok.

EDIT: I thought I was inside the "report beta 4 problems thread" -sorry
icur12

Re: Scheduled recording problem

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 pm

@icur: okay i see, so still issues there. I'll make some changes and send you a test version if you're willing to test?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby icur12 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 am

Sure, I'm always willing to test. I think you fixed some of the other scheduler problems, but I can't tell for sure yet.
icur12

Postby SmartDVB » Fri May 20, 2011 1:20 pm

i checked the code and i think the diseqc information is given correctly by schedule action, just maybe that the recording is started too fast before the switching/channel changing is actually done which might mess things up. I'll make a test change and send you a test version sometime this weekend...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby icur12 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:58 am

OK. You may be right about that. I was looking at the way that TSReader puts the diseqc # in the scheduler string, but mdapi programs like MyTheatre do not.

I also noticed that the satid is always wrong when used with n3xt as a plugin. It always says -1 or 360.0, and dvb application is unknown.

Have you looked at the n3xt thread on happysat entitled "How to get your DVB application recognized by N3XT"?

It gives detailed instructions on putting the satid in the unused 16 byte array at the end of TProgramm82 called extern_buffer.
icur12

Postby SmartDVB » Sat May 21, 2011 3:01 pm

that's odd about next, what you mention has been implemented since 0.1.5 i think so if next hasn't changed it should work, or somehow it got broken in smartdvb i'll check that thank u.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby icur12 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Ah! I never tested 1.5. Well, that's good that you already have the code in place, so it must be something simple like a string that changed somewhere.
icur12

Postby BipBip » Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 am

Not exactly about the problem referred by the OP but since the title matches I post it here.

I did a scheduled record and the name of the file had the channel name and not the event text but I have that option selected in recording options?

Also I mention it again :oops: but <channel name> <event name> option would be welcomed, kind of useful at least for me :mrgreen:
BipBip

Postby SmartDVB » Thu May 26, 2011 8:11 pm

guide name is grabbed from the now/next information given by epg information for that channels. Some channels don't provide this now/next info. Also what could be happening, maybe the 'now' information for that channel has not been loaded yet when run through the scheduler. I do wait about 10 seconds when running a scheduled task with guide as record name set, maybe the 'now' info has not yet been populated after such time? Do you see correct information in the epg listview after the scheduling starts?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby BipBip » Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 am

SmartDVB wrote:guide name is grabbed from the now/next information given by epg information for that channels. Some channels don't provide this now/next info. Also what could be happening, maybe the 'now' information for that channel has not been loaded yet when run through the scheduler. I do wait about 10 seconds when running a scheduled task with guide as record name set, maybe the 'now' info has not yet been populated after such time? Do you see correct information in the epg listview after the scheduling starts?
Yes, to be sure I searched some channel with an event that was about to begin ;) found one populated with events and one were about to start in 2-3 minutes so I set the schedule by double clicking on the event to set the record and waited. I did not close SmartDVb nor did I changed to another channel but it recorded with the channel name and not with the event text :roll: If I stop the record and start it again manually it have the event text as expected...
BipBip

Postby SmartDVB » Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 am

ok i see, And did it take more than 10 seconds or so to load the initial channel on the schedule action? I'll review the code in any case and there's already one change in the scheduler which was a problem where the record would start before the channel was fully loaded which might also fix this issue.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby BipBip » Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 pm

SmartDVB wrote:ok i see, And did it take more than 10 seconds or so to load the initial channel on the schedule action? I'll review the code in any case and there's already one change in the scheduler which was a problem where the record would start before the channel was fully loaded which might also fix this issue.
As I said in the test I didn't close SmartDVB and did not change to another channel so SmartDVB didn't had to retune so in theory it hasn't reloaded the channel.

But yesterday I did another test, this time closing SmartDVB and waiting for it to start the schedule but it didn't go well.

Maybe it's the same problem as the OP related, I don't know since it was a terrestrial channel, no diseq involved and the sequence was as followed:

The application started correctly, it tuned to the channel, no EPG populated but when I closed it it had full events, it started to record after 4-5 seconds (checked the icon), the file only had date, not even the channel name, I checked the file size, 0 bytes, refreshed explorer, 0 bytes and after a minute or so it had 16KB. I was watching the channel so no problem in tuning and after maybe, not sure, 10 seconds the guide was populated but no data recorded aside from that 16KB and wrong naming of the file.
BipBip

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 am

@icur: sorry for the delay, but from what you describe this could still have to do with not waiting properly for the channel change before starting the record (epg is populated right now after the channel tune, so if this takes some time for example 8 secs and after that the epg population or whatever takes some more time those ten seconds might be exceeded. Waiting for the channel load should solve this.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby icur12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Do you have something for me to test?

Also, did you look at n3xt not identifying the sats now?
icur12

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 pm

@icur: i'm currently in-between building some new stuff that leaves the current build unstable. But if you can live with that just to test the scheduling functionality i'll send it to you anyway. Just don't use it in the long run for now as it might be unstable and have memory leaks..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby icur12 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 am

That's fine. I'll keep the test versions in a temp location.
icur12

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:09 pm

if you're still up for this i'm busy with the next beta, should include those scheduler fixes
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Beta Testing