SmartDVB EPG Viewer

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Edited to update to latest:

[url=http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/17997092/file.html
]Version 1.4.2[/url]

It might not be very robust but if you have latest SmartDVB (0.3.5) and databases are ok it should go.

As run notes, run it in admin mode or you won't be able to change channels in SmartDVB using it. For available options see the txt.

Source code is available and should be easy to understand, nothing fancy so any modification improvement might be easy to do if anyone knows a bit of Delphi.

Enjoy... if it works :mrgreen:

p.s. I hacked the icon of SmartDVB and did some bad graffiti job to distinguish it from original, so if anyone has a better one... :D
Last edited by BipBip on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks a lot BipBip.
This is exactly what I ever wanted with SmartDVB ;)
Although it is an external stuff, it's working quite well.
Unlike Java, delphi is not even close to C. So I don't think I'll be able to do something on it.

My suggestions,
What about changing channels when clicking on a channel name too
Showing actual channel's EPG at start by getting the actual channel's name from Smartdvb? (that might be difficult because none of window captions of SmartDVB don't contain the actual channel's name)
I think you can easily create tasks for recording and viewing channels using the EPG data

Edit: I did like a lot these 'What's Now', "minutes past", "minutes to" features. Very clever!
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 pm

sinancetinkaya wrote:Thanks a lot BipBip.
Unlike Java, delphi is not even close to C. So I don't think I'll be able to do something on it.
I think you could, they are all about the same, if you know one you know all :mrgreen: Only difficulty is knowing classes and functions names but you already have the program base so with the help of google it can take time but it goes without difficulty ;) I had experience in delphi but when I started last week I had to view examples for "for" and "while" cycles :mrgreen: Gimme blank page and I can't write a line without examples :D

My suggestions,
What about changing channels when clicking on a channel name too
Showing actual channel's EPG at start by getting the actual channel's name from Smartdvb? (that might be difficult because none of window captions of SmartDVB don't contain the actual channel's name)
I just added channel double clicking to go on SmartDVB :)
Synchronizing Viewer with SmartDVB (don't think it's possible now) would require a windows message system from SmartDVB and I would need to do a listening function :)
Also, SmartDVB seems to only update the EPG when closing, so can't have the updated events till it closes.

EDIT: Oops! There might be a way... if I do a plugin :geek:, might just do as original program, it had exe and dll versions.

I think you can easily create tasks for recording and viewing channels using the EPG data
Easy... and work :mrgreen:
But only reason I did not include feature is that SmartDVB already have schedule management and as I mentioned before it locks the database when running, so I can't add bookmark flag on it. I would need to retrieve tasks from tasks manager and create new database...

Edit: I did like a lot these 'What's Now', "minutes past", "minutes to" features. Very clever!
Was in original EPG4CPLUS, I just kept it :mrgreen:
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

BipBip wrote:I think you could, they are all about the same, if you know one you know all :mrgreen: Only difficulty is knowing classes and functions names but you already have the program base so with the help of google it can take time but it goes without difficulty ;) I had experience in delphi but when I started last week I had to view examples for "for" and "while" cycles :mrgreen: Gimme blank page and I can't write a line without examples :D

Not that easy, If the code was written in C, I could change some part of it and recompile. I'm not familiar with the Windows APIs and SQL queries. So I can't write the whole code from the beginning in C++.

BipBip wrote:Synchronizing Viewer with SmartDVB (don't think it's possible now) would require a windows message system from SmartDVB and I would need to do a listening function :)
Also, SmartDVB seems to only update the EPG when closing, so can't have the updated events till it closes.
EDIT: Oops! There might be a way... if I do a plugin :geek:, might just do as original program, it had exe and dll versions.

I thought to tell you about making a plugin, but I thought you already had thought that.
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

hi bipbip, thanks again for this work.
Odd that you say the epg is only updated on exit, should not be so so i wonder what's going on there. Maybe the smarteit.db is opened twice by smartdvb (as it continually uses it ofcourse and doesn't close it perhaps) and what happens then, maybe you need to close/reopen etc not sure, would have to be tested i think, but internally the smarteit.db is i think for sure continually updated otherwise new events would not even show up in smartdvb (for example if you start with an empty smarteit.db it fills up and new events get saved, but i could look at this not totally sure yet)..
And you can ofcourse make a plugin of it yes, never made one myself (just the internal support in smart) but you should be able to find plugin examples with source code. And with a plugin you can set filters yourself and process the eit data (in which case you would not depend on smarteit.db but you would have to parse the eit data yourself, which might be too much trouble for you ofcourse). So if you continue the smarteit.db route let me know and i at least could look at my side of things. And the plugins can easily be written in delphi (hadu for example i know is delphi)..
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi,

Little update, about the same, no bug corrections, probably added some :D, but modified the way it scans as to not block the program and did also very small modifications on the layout. Check txt

As to make it also plugin I don't think it's worth the work just to get channel synchronized.

And sinancetinkaya, if you have delphi give it a try, it is easier than you think :) SQLite also, I didn't knew much but using the wrapper you only need to know language syntax well described at the SQLite site. Of course, at first it might look like chinese :mrgreen: but it is not that hard

But as said, I might try to convert it to Sharp Develop as it is about the same as delphi (pascal) but freeware and with large development community, so more controls available for any custom interface. Depending on how hard and time consuming it is 'll see if I'll do it. But would be mainly to have recent windows GUI controls and have an unicode version.
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 pm

SmartDVB wrote:hi bipbip, thanks again for this work.
Odd that you say the epg is only updated on exit, should not be so so i wonder what's going on there. Maybe the smarteit.db is opened twice by smartdvb (as it continually uses it ofcourse and doesn't close it perhaps) and what happens then, maybe you need to close/reopen etc not sure, would have to be tested i think, but internally the smarteit.db is i think for sure continually updated otherwise new events would not even show up in smartdvb (for example if you start with an empty smarteit.db it fills up and new events get saved, but i could look at this not totally sure yet)..
And you can ofcourse make a plugin of it yes, never made one myself (just the internal support in smart) but you should be able to find plugin examples with source code. And with a plugin you can set filters yourself and process the eit data (in which case you would not depend on smarteit.db but you would have to parse the eit data yourself, which might be too much trouble for you ofcourse). So if you continue the smarteit.db route let me know and i at least could look at my side of things. And the plugins can easily be written in delphi (hadu for example i know is delphi)..
Oh no! Processing eit data is a pain in the arse :mrgreen: SmartDVB parsing is working fine, no need to duplicate work :) Only thing is the mentioned wrong characters on some languages, I suppose it's due to incorrect character set, in my mentioned SQLite extension for firefox they appear correctly, it's in unicode so dunno. Funny that for other languages it shows missing symbol for funny characters. Will look into this.

Regarding EPG update, dunno, I did some testing, and it didn't updated until I closed SmartDVB, maybe I'm wrong, will check it again. Also, can you do anything about databases being locked? With SmartDVB running I can't add a bookmark. Not that important tho, but would be nicer :)
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Well,

I dug into the wrong characters problem and found that it's from not converting correctly unicode (UTF8) into ansi.

For delphi (10) which is not unicode, was easy to solve with a function called utf8toansi, although if ISO is latin2, font script might require to be eastern, but that can be changed by selecting EPG font.

Also, regarding EPG updating, it indeed continuously updates the database but I can only access new events when changing channel, but that's no big problem. At first I thought it was all database ;)

For locked database which might be not so easy for you to change I just created my own with needed data, only problem is I think if SmartDVB database is reindexed mine will be incorrectly indexed, but from tests I did did not saw that problem... yet, of course, erasing SmartDVB databases will require deleting my bookmarks, unless I fully copy the event data... :geek:

Anyway, I should update it next weekend, always something to do :mrgreen:
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm

hi disregard my previous question concerning the polish characters,i'll see if this resolves those polish iso problems and maybe more. tx
i'll also add a menu option then for this epg (how would you like it to be called?)..
thanks for this work and maybe a longstanding bug-fix even :)
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Tue May 15, 2012 5:03 pm

SmartDVB wrote:hi disregard my previous question concerning the polish characters,i'll see if this resolves those polish iso problems and maybe more. tx
i'll also add a menu option then for this epg (how would you like it to be called?)..
thanks for this work and maybe a longstanding bug-fix even :)
Menu option? If it's about the font script to use, with the EPG ISO information it should be possible to do it automatically, I think, as to be transparent to the user. I just didn't implemented it in my program since I didn't need it, but I recall seeing some field with ISO language in SmartDVB database, might look into this again to see if it's sufficient with that info to select the script automatically.

Regarding the other problem of wrong characters I don't know why but some languages seem to have the unicode C3 character flag before "funny" characters, while others are plain ansi. For example, spanish language have no C3 flag for their "funny" symbols, like inverted question mark "¿", so when I convert it from the database using the mentioned utf8toansi I got the unknown symbol "�" while without conversion (=ansi) I got it correctly displayed.
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I meant a menu option for your app inside smartdvb.

Yes i replied as i do specifically recall some polish problems like you mentioned, i thought they simply were like microsoft iso implementation errors (remember reading something about that but never could get it to work even with those fixes
applied so maybe that was not it after all but your ansi conversion might do something if done before all other conversions, i'll try that..
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Tue May 15, 2012 10:12 pm

SmartDVB wrote:I meant a menu option for your app inside smartdvb.
Ah! Since it's an external stand alone application I think it's better to keep it completely detached from SmartDVB., as it have a very different layout and have a different scheduling method, so it might lead to some scheduling problems if users can access it with a single click inside SmartDVB, then you'll get complains from my program that the user scheduled a program with double click in SmartDVB and it doesn't show in my app and vice verse :mrgreen:, but thanx for the gesture anyway :)
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby sinancetinkaya » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

No longer required. Thanks BipBip
Last edited by sinancetinkaya on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Re: SmartDVB EPG Viewer

Postby BipBip » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 am

sinancetinkaya wrote:In SmartDVB EPG Viewer's source code, there is a small bug that prevents tuning to channel if you set Record = 0 in SmartDVB EPG.ini
I've sent him a PM about it. Until he fixes the code, I wrote this.
This is a simple workaround for dropping recording parameters passed from SmartDVB EPG Viewer to SmartExec.exe.
SmartDVB's scheduler will not be affected.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54474190/Smart ... wer_Fix.7z
Oops, did not check forum before I sent u pm or I wud have posted answer here :)

The reason it doesn't tune when record is off is I assume that the user is present and might be watching/recording something interesting so changing channel wud disturb or brake any ongoing record, in that case I set a sound notification for alerting and the user can decide to keep watching or change to the bookmarked event channel if he wants or launch SmartDVB if he wants in case it's not running.

But since it was very little work to add an option for that, while I was at it I also added an option to quick enable or disable record and/or sound instead of editing the ini, I've build a new version with this option, did not fully tested yet, but will update it on first post as soon a I have time to fully test :geek:

Cheers
BipBip
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm


Return to Beta Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron