Issue with plugins

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

Issue with plugins

Postby mokerock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi! First I would like to congratulate the author for the great application and I hope it will be further developed and improved.

I have a problem with plugins. I install free pack 2.4 and plugins folder is created but the vplug won't start in SmartDVB. Everythin is also installed in C/users/AppData/Local/SmartDVB but vplug or other plugins cannot start. Anyway where I should put other plugins like Hadu or Acamd?

I run Win 7 ultimate 64bit and I disabled notifications when installing new software in the User Account control Setting. I read somwhere that this could be the core of the problem or smth. related to the administrator rights. What is the solution for this issue? Any help is appreciated.
mokerock

Re: Issue with plugins

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:24 am

R u sure it's no vplug related issue (from what i remeber vplug needs a setup for certain components)? Did you already copy hadu to the plugins folder to verify if you see hadu (you should b able to create folders at the 'plugins' folder however you prefer for other plugins).
Might be better if you re-install at the 'program files' folder, which would require the app to execute with adminstrator prvileges (it should do so default, let me know if this is not the situation) just to make sure it's no UAC related issue, or some other file/folder issue.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mokerock » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I installed Smart DVB in C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartDVB\ as suggested by the application iself.
Then I installed Free Pack - vplug in C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartDVB\Plugins. Then I put Hadu and Acamd in the Plugins folder where vplug is already installed but neither of these plug-ins won't start??? What do I do wrong???
mokerock

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 pm

ok i now presume u refer to 0.2.5? There could b some issues there wrt libraries nd never development environments, please try to enable 'compatibility mode xp sp 3' this might solve some issues wrt vplug, though not sure. Otherwise try current beta 3 version plugin compatibility might be better there..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mokerock » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

No. I installed latest version, beta 3.
mokerock

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:27 am

ok did you try to execute the app with administrator privileges to see if then it operates better?
if that also fails i'd suggest to re-install the app with the app data also at the 'program files (x86)' folder (second non-default option when installing the app), nd also run the app with administrator privileges after that.
I`m not sure whats ur issue here, r u able to access the smartdvb appdata folder without any issues. I could only imagine sdvb not being able to access those files for some reason at appdata path.
YOu could also post a report here which would allow me to look at the logs ). With b3 this is done like this : select 'tools > send application report', clk 'what does this report contain' at the dialog, after that you should be able to use export button to save the report.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mokerock » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Please find attached the application report. I hope it will help you solve the issue. I tried everything but it still can't run plugins. I tried option "run with administrator privileges" but it would not work. Note that I disabled notifications asking for administrator privileges when installing applications. Now when I install applications it is like in XP, no confirmation dialogue, but I think it has nothing to do with this.
Attachments
7d2984cf-aeec-450e-a436-9851e899e0e0.zip
Application report
(52.28 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
mokerock

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am

i've sent u pm wrt this. If all fails try to re-install the app at your 'program files (x86)' folder (choose 'program files' folder install when the installer queries you about this). Then place the plugins at the 'program files/smartdvb/plugins' folder. I don't see logs with teh report you sent, when you look at your appdata\local\smartdvb folder do you also see a folder named 'logs' there beside the plugins. Also do you see a settings\settings.ini there? (if that settings.ini's not found there smartdvb resorts to use the 'plugins' folder at 'program files\smartdvb', could be it thinks it's not there or something. I've pm'ed you about more data about this..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mokerock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 pm

I did everything as you described. There was nothing created at the application data folder. Admin privbiliges seemed OK, other applications on my PC run just fine. I put hadu and Acamd in already created plugin folder in program files(86)/smartdvb/plugins but SmartDVB would not start them. upon first start-up of the application there was an error and I sent the report to you automatically but I saved the report on my Pc as well. The error report is attached.

I am not sure if I understand the question from your last mesage (also could u let me know if when the app's intalled at program files it automatically executed elevated (with admin privileges?).), esspecially the part in bold, so I'd appreciate if you could further explain.
Attachments
38785877-9209-4083-93ee-005e0783e9de.zip
(53.06 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
mokerock

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

by admin privileges i mean this when you look at smartdvb.exe file properties:

notice the checked checkbox 'run this program as administrator', just to make sure it executed with admin rights (but that's probably not the issue here).
For some reason those error reports do not include the 'logs'. Could you look at your 'program files (x86)/smartdvb/smartmapi.log'. This log should be created if all's ok which should show which plugins were correctly loaded etc, or if some errors occurs. Also 'program files (x86)/smartdvb/smartdvb.log' should show somewhere which paths were tried etc. But by now i´m wondering if this might be 64 os related issue. Anyhow, i´ll try to send you a tst setup within reasonable time limit, i´m currently busy with a pre-rc tst would be nice if you could try that coz i'm unsure to ur issue's, like you mentioned before i also wonder if this might be UAC related or whatever..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mokerock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:17 pm

The application is run with admin priviliges. There is no "smartmapi.log" file in program files (x86)/smartdvb folder. It is not created. If you need addiotional info I am willing to help.
mokerock

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 am

ok i need at least to see some logs so i'll sendu a tst version wrt this, not sure if some of the recent corrections i made would solve it for u, if not we'll go from there..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

sorry... wrong post.
sinancetinkaya

Return to Beta Testing