0.3.5 beta thread

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby sinancetinkaya » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 pm

SmartDVB wrote:ok lol, good to know, epg search still got lots of room for improvement too like mentioned elsewhere here too (not only your suggestions, but also other list types, simple overview etc, i'm quite pleased myself that it seems quick even with lots of epg populated, not that easy to accomplish btw with SQLite)..


I asked you repeatedly for this kind of EPG feature. Good to see you saw its potential :)

Just a curiosity, why don't you use github or svn for bugtracking, feature requests?
Moreover some people can give you a hand on this project.
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

yes indeed i know, epg list seach just didn't make it to version 0.3.0 but it's always been my intention to make that, also due to the requests ofcourse (the previous epg grid filter was more of a inbetween solution, don't think people cared for that, me for sure not :).

Bug tracking's been requested before, when i have some time i'll look into this to see what would could be the best tools for that (something like bugzilla seems nice, but there might be other simpler solutions) Needs to be maintainable and not cost too much time to distract from actual work to be done)..
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby poutnikl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:03 pm

SmartDVB wrote:Bug tracking's been requested before, when i have some time i'll look into this to see what would could be the best tools for that (something like bugzilla seems nice, but there might be other simpler solutions) Needs to be maintainable and not cost too much time to distract from actual work to be done)..


Ono of BT solutions seems simple to me as an end user
is Mantis Bug Tracker http://www.mantisbt.org/

MantisBT is a free popular web-based bugtracking system (feature list). It is written in the PHP scripting language and works with MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL databases and a webserver. MantisBT has been installed on Windows, Linux, Mac OS, OS/2, and others. Almost any web browser should be able to function as a client. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Featuring MantisTouch for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.


Example implementation over multiple projects of 1-man-show company KCsoftwares is below. I am an active participant for SUMO tool for Sw update monitoring .

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/my_view_page.php
http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view_all_bug_page.php
DVB-T Leadtek USB Dongle Gold (bda.dev), Intel Core2Duo E4700, Intel GMA 3100 int.graphic, 6 GB RAM
Vista64 HPremium SP2, SmartDVB 0.4.0.11 / run under limited win account/ user profile config
Using SmartDVB as alternative to vendor's WinfastPVR2.
poutnikl
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby sinancetinkaya » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 pm

SmartDVB wrote:yes indeed i know, epg list seach just didn't make it to version 0.3.0 but it's always been my intention to make that, also due to the requests ofcourse (the previous epg grid filter was more of a inbetween solution, don't think people cared for that, me for sure not :).

Bug tracking's been requested before, when i have some time i'll look into this to see what would could be the best tools for that (something like bugzilla seems nice, but there might be other simpler solutions) Needs to be maintainable and not cost too much time to distract from actual work to be done)..

All the major projects either use (mostly)SVN or github.
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby poutnikl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:52 pm

sinancetinkaya wrote:All the major projects either use (mostly)SVN or github.


I am not a developer, but I do know SVN and Github are used a lot.

A major one can be the point.
Are not they focused to manage rather big projects with multiple developers a parallel code developing ?
They may be "a cannon against a sparrow" for small project driven by one person.

But I may be wrong and they may be well scalable and no big hassle for small projects.
DVB-T Leadtek USB Dongle Gold (bda.dev), Intel Core2Duo E4700, Intel GMA 3100 int.graphic, 6 GB RAM
Vista64 HPremium SP2, SmartDVB 0.4.0.11 / run under limited win account/ user profile config
Using SmartDVB as alternative to vendor's WinfastPVR2.
poutnikl
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 am

poutnikl wrote:
sinancetinkaya wrote:All the major projects either use (mostly)SVN or github.


I am not a developer, but I do know SVN and Github are used a lot.

A major one can be the point.
Are not they focused to manage rather big projects with multiple developers a parallel code developing ?
They may be "a cannon against a sparrow" for small project driven by one person.

But I may be wrong and they may be well scalable and no big hassle for small projects.

Yes you are correct. Their main goal is distributed code development.
If someone is not planning to keep the source code closed for some reason, distributed source code development can help a lot.
Once I worked with a guy on a java reverse engineering project for android https://github.com/sinancetinkaya/DeviceStatus
It'd be time consuming for me but with his help it was a piece of cake.
sinancetinkaya
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

0.3.5 beta 2 PIP vs Plugins

Postby WasMarek » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I've installed SDVB (Win XP) in 'Program Files' folder. I put Hadu plugin in Plugins subfolder. Hadu works well with main window of SDVB but doesn't work in PIP window (PIP only works for free channels). The popup menu for PIP shows nothing for Plugin[0]> item if I choose an encoded channel.
Should I use a copy of Hadu dll and ini files placed in different folder than C:\Program Files\SmartDvb\Plugins folder to force Hadu to work with PIP window?
Maybe there are some configuration settings for PIP plugins but I didn't find them or maybe it's not implemented yet in this beta version.
WasMarek
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 pm

pip mdapi plugins should be implemented. Current beta 3 has a simply .chm file which should explain this. You should create a seperate 'plugin0, plugins1, etc' located at the plugins folder for each new pip window you wish to use plugins for/with (eg. in your situation C:\Program Files\SmartDvb\Plugins\plugins0, C:\Program Files\SmartDvb\Plugins\plugins1 etc).
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby eronix » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank the devs for this great program. So many functions and settings and it is still free - thumbs up.
I actually have only one wish concerning the record of TV shows. Is it possible in addition to the start time and duration also add an option for the end time in a future release?

greetz
eronix
eronix
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: 0.3.5 beta thread

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm

@eronix: noted, although this has never been requested before..
SmartDVB
Site Admin
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 am

Previous

Return to Beta Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron