0.4.0 Beta Thread

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

0.4.0 Beta Thread

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:31 pm

0.4.0 beta issues go here..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Re: 0.4.0 Beta Thread

Postby joruss » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 pm

v0.4.0.3beta1 on skystar2/win8

Here's one (quite annoying) right off the bat: UI freezes (menu, scrollbars) when Level/Quality indicators are updated/redrawn.
joruss

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:15 pm

ok thanks.

I think i undertand the problem, could you see if this exe works different:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/519 ... artdvb.zip
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby joruss » Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Yep, the lag is gone now. Good job! 8-)
joruss

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sat May 03, 2014 6:47 pm

FFMpeg transcoding is amazing :)
How can record a 4:3 video as 16:9?
I tried
Code: Select all
%report%  -i - -y -analyzeduration 2000000 -y -qscale 2 -threads 2 -aspect 16:9

but didn't work
sinancetinkaya

Postby SmartDVB » Sat May 03, 2014 7:17 pm

@sinancetinkaya: not home atm so cannot check this. Could be some bug with the ffmpeg command line not getting updated correctly. What type of output do you have selected, and of course you're sure you've edited the correct edit box for the specified output. Could also be some ffmpeg specific aspect ratio issue, sometimes ffmpeg command line parameters is like a special science on itself, different encoders could behave different also. You might try to at least add the resolution to see if this behaves different (-s 1920x1080 for example), although this would not be a generic solution since every record would be scaled to that resolution probably. I'll check this when i'm home ofcourse.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sat May 03, 2014 9:37 pm

@SmartDVB
Yeah, ffmpeg is an advanced but confusing encoder. As you said, it's a science understanding its parameters :roll:
I think I need more parameters to do what I needed, but I thought you knew what they are :)
sinancetinkaya

Postby SmartDVB » Sat May 03, 2014 11:55 pm

i'm by no means an ffmpeg cmd line expert, but since the transcode is not a copy it should be possible from what I read (if it's a copy it would only affect the container aspect ratio and not necessarily the video frames ofcourse since that would be an exact copy). I have read of some advanced video scaling whilst maintaining the correct aspect ratio, but that's not what you require. If you get it working let me know here, when I have some time I'll do some digging too. Btw might it be a good idea to add some kind of presets for this, so not only a single but multiple possible selectable parameter settings for stuff like this?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 am

SmartDVB wrote:i'm by no means an ffmpeg cmd line expert, but since the transcode is not a copy it should be possible from what I read (if it's a copy it would only affect the container aspect ratio and not necessarily the video frames ofcourse since that would be an exact copy). I have read of some advanced video scaling whilst maintaining the correct aspect ratio, but that's not what you require. If you get it working let me know here, when I have some time I'll do some digging too. Btw might it be a good idea to add some kind of presets for this, so not only a single but multiple possible selectable parameter settings for stuff like this?

Sounds good ;)

Code: Select all
%report%  -i - -y -analyzeduration 2000000 -y -qscale 2 -threads 2

How is the final command line parameters passed to ffmpeg on execution? Do you modify it with any parameter that is hardcoded in the smartdvb source code?
sinancetinkaya

Postby YagiBear » Sun May 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Something I just noticed and the screenshots that tell the story:

Right at the end of one (hour long) show I noticed that the progress bar displayed above the video is completely wrong or hasn't been updated in a "while":

By the time I started my screen capture application and took the first screenshot, above, the next show started. This time, both the channel list progress bar and the info above the video were wrong: the first still showed the info of the show the finished. The other, showed the correct show but the progress bar should've been shorter.

So after all of this, to show that the progress bar above the show is wrong I took a screenshot of the EPG and, after clicking the channel again I got these two, final, screenshots:

SmartDVB v0.5.1.38 / Windows 10 Pro version 1803
Intel i5 3470 / 8G DDR3 / GeForce GTX660 / Mini USB DVB-T IT9135 BDA Filter (bda.dev)
Israel.Central (6 TV/12 Radio), H.264 & AAC/LATM ; MS DTV-DVD (EVR & default DirectSound) / DirectX 12
YagiBear

Postby SmartDVB » Sun May 04, 2014 6:58 pm

@sinancetinkaya: looks like it's a ffmpeg cmd line parameter update bug from the app. Seems all edit entries use the WMV string, try the new exe below (you could remove the commandwmv/commandmp4 entries in settings.ini so it defaults to the correct default entries). I also see that transcoding of MKV for example does copy the streams, reasoning here from me was if a container support mpeg-ts by just copying the DVB streams better use that as default, since it would be most efficient, and i do expect lower end systems might have trouble using ffmpeg efficiently. I just tested this with the mentioned -aspect option and it seems to work for mkv for example (after removing the default stream -acodec/-vcodec copy commands).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/519 ... artdvb.zip

@yagibear: thanks for the images, problem is clear. Upper video status doesn't auto update so it would be logical you would keep seeing the entry at tune, i'll look at that no problem. The channel list does though but only on 1 minute intervals, so perhaps if you would have waited a bit you might have seen that entry updating? (i would hope so). I might do the same 1 minute update for the video status if you don't object? (some kind of compromise between auto updating it but not too often).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby YagiBear » Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm

SmartDVB wrote:@yagibear: thanks for the images, problem is clear. Upper video status doesn't auto update so it would be logical you would keep seeing the entry at tune, i'll look at that no problem. The channel list does though but only on 1 minute intervals, so perhaps if you would have waited a bit you might have seen that entry updating? (i would hope so). I might do the same 1 minute update for the video status if you don't object? (some kind of compromise between auto updating it but not too often).

Please note the the 2nd screenshot shows that the progress bar above the video is way ahead. It is wrong, not frozen with some progress display that was correct some time ago and was left unchanged. It is showing a progress bar from the future.

Out of curiosily: Why 1 minute? why not 15 seconds? Is it that CPU intensive?
Why not add also make it change at the end/beginning of the next show? Of course, it depends on your implementation. If you can change that interval at run time, whenever that interval expires check if the next show starts/ends event (remember, there are occasional gaps in the schedule) at less than the interval and if so temporarily shorten it.
Intel i5 3470 / 8G DDR3 / GeForce GTX660 / Mini USB DVB-T IT9135 BDA Filter (bda.dev)
Israel.Central (6 TV/12 Radio), H.264 & AAC/LATM ; MS DTV-DVD (EVR & default DirectSound) / DirectX 12
YagiBear

Postby SmartDVB » Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm

@yagibear: noted, there might be some refresh bug there too then, i´ll make sure to check that and see if i can recreate that here. 1 min was mainly chosen because i didn´t like the channel list refreshing too much, it´s also kinda visible when it happens. No reason to take a lower boundry with the status bar i would imagine, or even make both refresh rates optional if one so desires. Well honestly, i remember i simply chose for a simple implementation of this presuming this would be good enough, ofcourse it might be possible to do otherwise with some polling probably (i can't presume there will always be a now/next which neatly would solve this, this is not available on all providers/stations), i just opted for the quick and dirty solution at that moment if i remember correctly which i thought might be sufficient. To be looked at then...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby SmartDVB » Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 pm

@sinancetinkaya: addendum, i don't add additional parameters, only when transcoding records i add the file name ofcourse (and some replaceable parameters like %bitrate", %report% etc which would be replaces, only ffmpeg specific hardcoded replacement would be %report% i guess. Besides that it's just input/output processing, any command line transcoder/exe would work provided it's command line capable and processing input/output (exactly like you could do the same from the command line, also coupling multiple transcoders this way should be possible, not implement yet of course, but should be possible). I added the ffmpeg.exe i tested which because ffmpeg tends to modify/change/add/improve parameters with newer versions so it's best to include a working version, but no reason one should not be able to replace it with newer versions as long as the cmd line is accepted. Btw if you enable ffmpeg reports neat .txt report are generated which allow you to debug or see what ffmpeg thinks of the current stream/params, i looked at this and quickly realised the command line i expected wasn't being passed, you should also use it to see if it accepts your changes or what it tells u if things don't work as you expect. Just don't forget to turn this option off again otherwise you might end up with thousand of ffmpeg*.txt reports in your application data folder..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

SmartDVB wrote:@sinancetinkaya: addendum, i don't add additional parameters, only when transcoding records i add the file name ofcourse (and some replaceable parameters like %bitrate", %report% etc which would be replaces, only ffmpeg specific hardcoded replacement would be %report% i guess. Besides that it's just input/output processing, any command line transcoder/exe would work provided it's command line capable and processing input/output (exactly like you could do the same from the command line, also coupling multiple transcoders this way should be possible, not implement yet of course, but should be possible). I added the ffmpeg.exe i tested which because ffmpeg tends to modify/change/add/improve parameters with newer versions so it's best to include a working version, but no reason one should not be able to replace it with newer versions as long as the cmd line is accepted. Btw if you enable ffmpeg reports neat .txt report are generated which allow you to debug or see what ffmpeg thinks of the current stream/params, i looked at this and quickly realised the command line i expected wasn't being passed, you should also use it to see if it accepts your changes or what it tells u if things don't work as you expect. Just don't forget to turn this option off again otherwise you might end up with thousand of ffmpeg*.txt reports in your application data folder..

From settings.ini I see you are doing exactly what I was going to suggest you :) Well done!
Now I'm going to take a look at ffmpeg encoder options.
sinancetinkaya

Postby SmartDVB » Mon May 05, 2014 2:48 pm

From settings.ini I see you are doing exactly what I was going to suggest you :) Well done!

ok so i gather the aspect ratio change now works for u?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby sinancetinkaya » Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 pm

SmartDVB wrote:

ok so i gather the aspect ratio change now works for u?

yes it does
sinancetinkaya

Postby SmartDVB » Tue May 06, 2014 2:29 pm

btw other method to set aspect ratio would be '-vf setdar=dar=4:3', -vf allows for filter concatenations and all other kind of stuff..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Thoni » Sun May 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi!
I think there is a bug on windows 8.1 where every channel change mutes volume in vol. mixer :?

one small detail in that picture: Hz(also in manual scan window)
Thoni

Postby Risky73 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:03 pm

I use Windows 8.1 and everything works ok. I guess your problem is not bound to this OS.
Risky73

Postby Thoni » Sun May 11, 2014 8:25 pm

now is more clear:
when volume slider in SD is for some reason at min and you change volume from mixer to max, slider stays at min and resets mixer volume on next channel change...
Thoni

Postby SmartDVB » Sun May 11, 2014 9:57 pm

did you try different audio renderer?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Thoni » Wed May 14, 2014 2:39 pm

The application slider should reflect the state of the corresponding Sndvol slider at all times. Thus, if the user changes the volume level by moving the slider in the application window, then the corresponding slider in the Sndvol window should move in unison with the application slider. Similarly, if the user moves the Sndvol slider, then the application slider should move in unison with the Sndvol slider.
I think that second part is not implemented...
Thoni

Postby SmartDVB » Thu May 15, 2014 12:01 pm

SmartDVB does video/sound rendering through the directshow api, also volume control is done through directshow, which provides interfaces for this. The ink you refer to does not refer to directshow. I've seen these problems before, urually it's some audio rendering pipeline problem, did you try to find if a different audio renderer or decoder works better ?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

0.4.0 Beta: Legacy audio

Postby Thoni » Thu May 15, 2014 7:28 pm

The ink you refer to does not refer to directshow.
I see
If an application displays a volume slider but does not receive notifications of volume changes, then the slider will fail to reflect changes made by the user in Sndvol.
did you try to find if a different audio renderer or decoder works better ?
I will try later on test OS
Thoni

Postby SmartDVB » Fri May 16, 2014 12:38 pm

actually upon second reading i realise you're right indeed, i read over your second reply and what you request is a legitimate improvement request (although this has nothing to do with the beta but has always been there, if the main os slider volume is modified this isn't reflected automatically by the app itself). Thanks, also for the references, added to the todo list although not of the highest priority of course)..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby mojye » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 pm

With the version 4.1, I can see the 4k channel?
I tried I could not see.
Frequency on Hotbird 10930 H 27500 8psk
mojye

Postby satsyl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm currently using version 0.4.0 beta 2a with MADVR as video renderer. On HD channels MADVR reports an incorrect frame rate of 30fps. All HD channels in Europe have either 25fps or 50fps. On SD channels the reported frame rate is correct (25fps).
satsyl

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:14 pm

noted, do you also notice this with the HD video quality you seem to get from MadVR? Do you see the correct fps with other dvb apps?
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby satsyl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:04 pm

I don't know other dvb apps with madvr yet, I'm using madvr in mpc-hc with lav filter as source. Here the reported frame rate is correct. The video quality is influenced by an incorrect frame rate, especially the smooth motion feature works wrong.
satsyl

Postby Padman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 am

For current version:

• Wrong display with ampersand (&), E.g. Law & Order will displayed as Law _Order. Many titles with one ampersand will displayed wrong ;)

Picture: (stored in Dropbox)
    ­■Image
  • OSD Transparency has no scale or percent view of transparency or similar. The slider can moved from 100% to 0% :roll:, a small preview would be nice :)
  • No skin file support like Winamp or similar
Padman

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

@padman: thanks for the feedback.
I'll look at the ampersand problems (should not be difficult to fix btw, thanks for pointing it out)..
osd transparency: i'll add some better feedback there.
skin file: never looked at winamp skin files, but a quick search suggests they allow some .ZIP file support from within the app (with their own extension, to prevent the clutter of lots of .BMP files etc, which is not a bad idea actually). Do they unpack the zip's or use them internally (by reading the necessary compressed bmp/etc files from within the zip?).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Padman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:18 am

@Jack
Ampersand problems: OK :)
OSD transparency: Thank you ;)
Skin file: Yes, Winamp and Co. use ZIP files for that. It exist a menu to choose a skin, that's easy to use skin files or similar, one packed skin file. AIMP3 use in settings -> Interface -> Skins a small skin browser with a small preview and infos.
Padman

Postby YagiBear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

I found a silly little situation that should(?) probably not happen.
Use main screen to listen to radio, open some TV channel in PIP and press swap with main

Also, I discovered a nifty little tool, Problem Steps Recorder (psr): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... s-recorder
I used it to produce this: https://app.box.com/s/2r5s6cqyhsdcvf6horp3
YagiBear

Postby SmartDVB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19 am

@yagibear: PIP swap issue noted, obviously PIP isn't designed to show/listen to radio stations as the normal PIP selection path doesn't even show radio stations, they're filtered out of the dropdown menu. Anyhow i'll see to fix this during the next round.
Looks like a nifty tool indeed, never heard about it either. Keep them tips rollin :) (I should give you credit for that nice SQLite studio editor I didn't know about too btw)
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby YagiBear » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:56 pm

SmartDVB wrote:Looks like a nifty tool indeed, never heard about it either. Keep them tips rollin :) (I should give you credit for that nice SQLite studio editor I didn't know about too btw)

I'll do that.
You know what they say: Necessity is the mother of invention (...and googling for the correct tool).
Btw, when there's some tool that's OK and you'd like something similar that will better suite your needs, there's no place like http://alternativeto.net/
YagiBear

Postby dirk362 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am

Problem : Leading zero on filename isn't working as advised.
Version : 4.0 RC
Environment: Windows 7 x64 Pro - UK English
DVB: 2 x TBS 6982, 3 x TBS 6981, 1 x PCTV 460e DVBT
Config : In Settings / Record, Record name is set to %C-%Y%M%D-%H%m

Output : filename has missing leading zero for 06 in the %d).
By way of example, here's recording file output showing 1st entry from SmartDVB without 0 and other entries from an alternative product that did (just for ease of comparison).

F:\recording\dvb\DivaFutura>dir /b /o-d
Diva Futura-2014126-2050.ts
Diva Futura-20141205-2103.ts
Diva Futura-20141204-2054.ts
Diva Futura-20141203-2050.ts
Diva Futura-20141202-2050.ts

Does the Record name field need to be changed in order to support the leading zero ? Couldn't find anything in forum or help file that suggested that was required.
dirk362

Postby SmartDVB » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 am

@dirk362: thanks for mentioning this oversight, should be fixed now..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Beta Testing