SmartDVB Customlist Editor

Discussions, posts pertaining to addons/plugins. Also post issues you have with plugins/addons here.

SmartDVB Customlist Editor

Postby Risky73 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Here's small tool I've programmed for my use, but maybe some other SmartDVB user might find it useful.

It's Customlist editor for SmartDVB (screenshot bellow), link for download is http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1394013074

SmartDVBCustomlistEditor.jpg
SmartDVBCustomlistEditor.jpg (101.25 KiB) Viewed 15856 times

It's in alpha stage, so backup your smartdvb.db before using it.

Usage:
- this program is portable, so no need to install it, just unpack downloaded file into subfolder of SmartDVB folder and run its exe
- this program creates editor.db file (temporary storage for changes made by this editor) inside of this programs folder - this might be problematic if you use Windows 7/8 with it's administrative rights

- selection of satellite is necessary, selection of frequency or provider is optional - this selection provides list of available channels - on selection of channel status bar shows its name/satellite/frequency/polarity/provider
- on selection of Custom Category list of its channels is shown (if there is no Custom Category list then one can be created through menu of this program) - after this channels can simply be drag'n'dropped from Channels list to Custom Channels list
- Custom Channels and Custom Category list provide drag'n'drop modification of their order
- when modifications are finished they should be saved into SmartDVB database by button "Save to SmartDVB"

Actions Menu:
- "Add Custom Category" adds new custom category at the end of the list
- "Delete Custom Category" deletes selected custom category/categories
- "Save Custom Category Name" - custom category name is changed by doubleclicking and editing its name in Custom Category list, after that it is necessary to save this modification into temporary storage by this command - I'll try to modify this so that only in place editing will be enough
- "Delete Custom Channel" deletes selected custom channel/channels
- "Refresh from SmartDVB" rereads data from SmartDVB database and ignores all modifications not saved by "Save to SmartDVB" button

Snapshot:
- snapshot is like saving existing custom lists from SmartDVB database, it saves important uniquely identifying data for custom channels and categories - I use this for scanning channels in SmartDVB, before scan I run "Save Snapshot", then in SmartDVB scanner I delete all channels for current satellite and rescan it, after that I run "Restore Snapshot" which searches for channels from saved Snapshot and reconstructs custom lists - in this way non existing channels are removed

External:
- here are functions for working with other DVB programs for my own use - if someone is interested in those they can ask here on forum how they function

Maintenance:
- "Clean Editor Database" - after some editing this programs editor.db grows in size and program slows down, this can be corrected by running this command

Other functions:
- Channel table shows type (1 = TV, 2 = Radio, other = data), CA = Conditional Access (red), Channel Name - channels already in custom lists have grey background
- doubleclicking on Channel or Custom Channel name it opens SmartDVB (if not already open) and switches to that channel
Risky73

Re: SmartDVB Customlist Editor

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:43 pm

hi looks like a nice job risky!
i tried to unpack it to a test folder (residing under the smartdvb folder like you mention here). But i get this message:

i might add it's not a true smardvb install but at my development machine (but the smartdvb.db etc files reside at the folder beneath where i unpacked it, i presume that's all you require).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Risky73 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Important thing is smartdvb.db, let's presume it is in folder named SmartDVB (in Program Files or in User Data, that doesn't matter). This Customlist Editor should be placed in its subfolder, something like SmartDVB/CustomlistEditor (name of subfolder is not important.

Maybe it's even better if smartdvb.db is in User folder, this way problems with Win7/8 administrative rights can be avoided.

It seems to me that this is different problem, according to message. Now I've checked and it seems that this editor doesn't work if there are no custom lists already existing inside SmartDVB. I've never encountered such situation because of "External" functions in editor (I've built this editor to stop using other dvb software as favorites editor).

For test you could manually inside SmartDVB create some custom list and add it one channel, if this is the problem then editor should work.
And I'll check how can I fix this ;)
Risky73

Postby SmartDVB » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:51 pm

i have a test subfolder under smartdvb (so c:\path\smartdvb\test) and i'm sure i have custom lists (to make sure i removed all custom lists with sqlite editor and added a single simple one to ensure this go nothing to do with the elaborate custom list setup i had, i had some test custom list setup with lots of sub-categories etc etc, error message seems to remain, i'll do some more tests lateron)..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Risky73 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Here, try this version:
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1394034562

This should work when smartdvb.db doesn't contain any custom list, and also if it contains custom lists.

You could also send me your test smartdvb.db so I can check what's the problem.
Risky73

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:25 pm

ok this one actually seems to start, but i'm unable to add more than 1 station by drag/drop to a custom list category (started off with a single empty customlist, then added a single category with your editor). Sometimes i don't even see the correct name for the single added station. But looks quite cool nonetheless and very useful for people that use customlist to create/order customlist in a quick fashion, i could imagine using this myself for test purposes (or smartdvb having such a list editor itself, but if tools like yours exist no use to bulk smartdvb up with such), ofcourse it's just the initial version problems could be expected that's the nature of software. Quite nice btw you put so much effort with the custom lists, i wasn't aware people actually use this feature a lot or like it, have not had much feedback about it (but oftentimes when stuff just gets used and works how people would like it they don't give feedback ofcourse)..
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Risky73 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 pm

As for adding more custom channels, after dropping first channel anywhere on custom channels table try dropping second (or more) channels on existing row in custom channels table, otherwise addition is not recognized. Only first custom channel could be added anywhere (I think that's the problem you write about), it's done so for sorting reasons.
As for name of single added station, I don't know what should be the problem, I don't have such. One thing I could think of that you added station with non Western European characters, and this application is not unicode so by reading it with Western European codepage ISO8859-1 name could be shown differently. If you add additional parameter in smartdvb.db we talked about here on forum then program will be able to detect codepage and show all (most) names correctly. Or your problem with wrong name is of different nature...

It's not that much of initial version. I've done one full scan of all satellites on my list and made extensive modifications with it, that's why I released it. It is tested, yesterday I only added part for adding first custom list which software didn't handle and that's only part I'm affraid of not being tested enough. Other thing that was not working properly is switching channels with doubleclicking channels in editor, sometimes it seems like they switched to wrong channel, but that doesn't make errors in database so I didn't bother with that too much (but I will if it persists).

I came from dreambox world (Enigma 1) so I'm much more used to favorite lists than to channel lists not ordered by my preferences. This editor is my version of dreamset (of course it's not comparable to it). None of the other (portable) dvb softwares have real dreambox type favorites so I guess that people watching TV on PC maybe really don't care much for such feature.
Risky73

Postby SmartDVB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 pm

ok got it, yes dropping on existing station works indeed (i'm used trying to drop stuff on the whitespace). Seems to work well now.
Well, smartdvb's existed for quite some years now and during that period i did get quite some request for people who wanted specific general list ordering, otherwise i wouldn't have bother adding that (although i kinda did like the sqlite database excersize concerning that, quite a simple db setup and works well, should also be extensible in the future to other list types etc, eg internal record file lists or whatever).
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby Risky73 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:08 am

New version of SmartDVB Customlist Editor:
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1400625528

Changes:
- lots of fixes to bugs - change of status to beta meaning it's OK for everyday usage (but backup SmartDVB's smartdvb.db just in case...)
- change of database access mechanisms to SmartDVB database so Maintenance menu is no longer necessary (problems with internal database don't appear anymore)
- added SaveDefragment function - it cleans channels database from empty places and cleans from orphans (channels in custom lists which don't have corresponding channel in main channels database) and completely resorts custom categories and custom channels in SmartDVB channels database - in my case this speeds up start time of SmartDVB and its manipulation of custom lists - in normal work with Customlist Editor use Save function, at the end of work use SaveDefragment function
- added mechanism for quasi unicode reading of channel names - it works in way that SmartDVB EPG Reader generates (automatically) chanpar.db which user manually copies to SmartDVB Customlist Editor and according to this file Customlist Editor can read Cyrillic/Greek names at the same time as Latin (see picture below)

CustomlistEditorUni.jpg
CustomlistEditorUni.jpg (99.87 KiB) Viewed 15378 times
Risky73

Postby Risky73 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 am

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1430548895

Most of the code is changed. Changes:
- made it compatible with internal SmartDVB custom list numbering
- only one save function (it keeps custom lists in order all the time)
- custom list name change doesn't require special menu command - just double click the name and change it
- drag & drop functionality is completed - now it's possible to drag & drop channels from main channels to custom channels, from main channels to custom category, from custom channels to custom category
- status bar cross reference - in addition to standard status bar channel information (shown when channel is selected) there is cross reference information, for each custom list where channel appears status bar adds [custom list name], [channel position in that custom list]
Risky73

Postby Risky73 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 am

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1431248161

Changes:
- fixed errors when custom lists are emtpy (no custom categories or custom category contains no custom channels)
- menu External now contains only one action and it is used for converting SmartDVB custom lists into DVBViewer favourites - place DVBViewer's channels.dat into "d:\Program Files Portable\DVB Viewer Pro" (fixed path) and SmartDVB Customlist Editor will in that location create favourites.xml (previous favourites.xml is renamed into favouritesxml.bak) - (since DVBViewer supports PowerVU (SmartDVB doesn't) I've added this action so that I have my favourites also in that software)
Risky73

Postby Risky73 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Risky73

Return to AddOns/Plugins