0.2.1 beta test install

This is the place where beta releases of the application or modules are made available. Only download if you're willing to cooperate in resolving any problems

0.2.1 beta test install

Postby SmartDVB » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Here a test version of the bugfix 0.2.1 version. Please only download and use if you're willing to give encounter installation/operation issues and give feedback, if not use it at your own risk. Main issues hopefully fixed should be the scheduler functionality:

http://www.smartdvb.net/smartdvb/download/smartdvb021test.rar

jack
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Re: 0.2.1 beta test install

Postby Frozen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Firstly: After " Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" downloading bar filled, I got this message

I Pressed okay and installing continued

Secondly: Scheduler working fine if I use Channels==> scheduler ==> give a task, but using epg to schedule something give this message "Error initializing com". I got this with last exe testing file

Thirdly: Hadu works okay

Fourthly: Muting audio bug seems fixed now

I don't know if there's something else to tesr

SkyStar HD2
Windows 7 64bit
Frozen

Postby icur12 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 am

Same here. It installed the 2005 redistributable, which I'm pretty sure I already had, then gave me "error inirtializing com" through the epg, but allowed manually typing in the add task through the channels menu. Well, that's a start! Although not as convenient, at least I have a way to do it now.

EDIT:
The scheduler is working now!! Maybe I just had to go get the full epg again.
Thanks for the quick fix!!

EDIT2: OOPS. Now it's back to saying "Error initializing COM" I need some debug messages here!
icur12

Postby SmartDVB » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 pm

@frozen: thanks for the input, i will try to fix these issues. I'm actually installing the vs2005 redist sp1 as that was the latest i could find and i might as well install the one with the latest fixes was my thought. And also thanks again for the help on that cccam issue, i was able to more thoroughly stress test the application on encrypted channels.

@icur: strangely enough i don't have that EPG scheduling issue on my win7 system, but will make some changes to try to prevent this. And maybe it's reinstalling the redistributable because it's actually the sp1 version i'm trying to install. Will check this thanks.
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Postby bid0n » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Jackjavo

There is something I don't understand. With these new versions (>2.0) why all this fuss with the installer? Can't you just provide a compressed folder with the necessary files to run the program with no fancy installer that does all kinds of things?

If the problem is that you need Visual C++ etc then you could write in the README that it's necessary to install that?

Sorry it's just that I like to take control of things and not have crazy installers run all kinds of operations. I strongly suggest that you should leave your users the option: like propose a .zip no-installation folder and an installation executable. That way everybody would be happy?

THanks again for your work and for this great software, I'm really enjoying using it and since over a year ago it's the only DVB program I use.
bid0n

Postby SmartDVB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 am

the problems lie mainly with some external plugins requiring older binaries from vs2005 it seems to run properly, not necessarily with smartdvb internal operations. So if you don't want it you can just install the msi which is exactly the same as previous versions just migrated to vs2010, nothing else more fancy in it i can assure you. And creating a seperate zip is somewhat tedious as vs application require some specific runtime libraries to run properly (was the same in previous version, just the older vs2005 libraries in that case)...
SmartDVB
Site Admin

Return to Beta Testing